Lead Data Engineer
Come join Under Armour and create software to power the future of connected fitness. We’re serious about individual growth and athlete achievement, and we’d like you to join us to build real products that will help millions of people improve their lives through better health & fitness. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by one of the strongest consumer brands in history.
We're looking to add a new Lead Data Engineer to our Foundational Services organization, which powers an ecosystem of over 200M athletes, fitness enthusiasts, and people pursuing a healthy lifestyle. In this role, you will partner with our data science, mobile app/desktop engineering teams and the marketing team to define and build the world’s largest digital health platform.
You will design and evaluate various techniques to handle and process large-volumes of semi-structured and structured data. You will build and maintain data pipelines, create service layer APIs to serve data, as well as drive data discovery and access. You will work closely with the team to create new engineering processes as necessary, champion standard methodologies, and promote overall operational excellence. You will build working relationships to communicate within and across teams to solve problems.
You should apply for this role if you:
- Want to make a real-world impact
- Are ready to take ownership and responsibility for your work
- Are interested in growing as both an engineer and a teammate
- Like learning new programming languages
- Help other teammates grow through mentorship and coaching
- Enjoy designing and building large scale distributed systems while delivering incremental value over the course of the project
- Have a solid understanding of both computer science fundamentals and what it takes to build internet-scale applications. You likely have a degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Extensive knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Advanced programming in a scripting environment (e.g. Python) or ETL development experience
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud computing platforms
- Have experience working at scale utilizing microservices architectures
- Experience with a scalable messaging system (e.g Kafka, SQS, Kinesis) and different data serialization (e.g. json, protobuf, avro)
- Advanced SQL skills
- Want to design and evaluate various techniques to handle large-volume of semi-structured and structured datasets.
Under Armour is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, ancestry, color, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, language, age, history of conviction of criminal or summary conviction offense that is unrelated to the employment or to the intended employment of that individual, social condition, receipt of public assistance, political convictions or beliefs, physical or mental disability, handicap or the use of any means to palliate a handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, civil status, family status, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by protected status.