We are seeking a Product Manager to work on MapMyRun. A successful Product Manager is passionate about great products. They have a thoughtful point of view about what makes products great or terrible. They can also translate their point of view into product requirements that result in great software. Product Managers are analytical. They must be confident enough to analyze numbers and make decisions based on them, but also curious enough to understand why they may be wrong. Great PMs are peculiar. On the one hand, they are incredibly meticulous, but on the other hand they know when to let go. They enable others to do their best work by articulating the boundaries of a problem and staying focused on what matters to users. The ability to communicate clearly is paramount. Product Management is art and science, strategy and tactics, passion and reason.
At Under Armour, our vision is to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed and can’t imagine living without. To do this as a Product Manager on our team, it will help if you are a runner or endurance athlete, but this isn’t a requirement. However, your ability to understand users and put their needs first might be the most critical requirement of all. We are passionate about making athletes better. And in order to do this, we must stay close to our users, which means doing survey research, designing experiments, digging into product analytics, and talking to users whenever possible.
- Understand our users: Identify user needs and spot opportunities to build features that improve engagement and retention, grow the user base and delight our (current and potential) users.
- Know the competition: Understand the competitive space better than anyone else. Be an expert in connected fitness with a point of view on how we differentiate our experience.
- Prioritize efforts: Scope and prioritize features to maximize impact on users and the long-term differentiation of our products.
- Deliver value for users: This includes writing specifications and leading multidisciplinary teams (engineering, design, project management, etc.) to deliver features to our users.
- Measure and iterate: Optimize product features through A/B testing. Analyze product data and make iterative product changes based on user feedback.
- Communicate strategically: Know when to communicate what to whom. Bring teammates to the table at the right time and ensure effective flow of information across the team.
- 2+ years in a mobile product management role.
- Experience with large user bases in both web and mobile apps space.
- Experience working on apps with a global presence is a plus.
- Passionate about fitness and making all athletes better around the world.
- Able to collaborate with and motivate cross-discipline teams to achieve goals.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Proven ability to find answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data.
- Experience in optimizing product features after release through data-driven iteration.
- Ability to summarize complex problems and present to executive staff in a clear and concise way.