The Under Armour Global Ecommerce Team is currently seeking a Manager of Operations Engineering. This role lead an engineering team, executes code reviews, collaborates with teammates and stakeholders, completes projects both big and small. The Operations Engineering Manager will be responsible for establishing collaborative and productive relationships within Engineering, IT, cross-functional business partners, external vendors and service providers to advocate for best in class technology solutions. The Operations Engineering Manager is an integral part of a passionate, focused and driven team that supports high impact projects that fuel our rapid growth by providing unparalleled service to deliver a great product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support ecommerce products, operations issues and business partners
- You engage in establishing on-call rotations, SLAs and business support
- Oversee projects and ensure project timing is maintained through collaboration with engineers, Product Managers, Business Analysts, and QA teammates
- Responsible for managing an engineering team focused on operational efficiency and building internal tools
- Comfortable managing both employees and contractors on a distributed team
- Experience leading Scrum ceremonies and setting best practices amongst teams.
- You play an active role leading the process of taking high-level, sometimes vague, business requirements and turning them into actionable user stories. You are involved in projects throughout their lifecycles.
- You collaborate with Global teammates in many functions: creative, user experience, quality assurance, and development.
- You will collaborate in brainstorming, designing, architecting and implementing new solutions, as well as suggesting tools, technologies, and best practices to improve performance and site quality.
- Manage the recruitment, on-boarding, training activities, career-pathing, and evaluation of engineering teammates.
Technical Attributes & Experience of Ideal Candidate
- You are well versed in Ecommerce platforms like Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) and are responsible for continuously evaluating, designing and improving the software development processes to support a global delivery model.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (relevant work experience may be substituted) and 7-10+ years of hands on experience in a web development environment.
- You have proven experience in working and integrating with APIs and 3rd Party systems integrations (SOAP/REST) to payment, OMS, CRM, CMS & WMS systems.
- You are comfortable leading code reviews and mentoring less senior engineers to ensure code usage and best practices are maintained for optimization of speed and performance.
- You have supported products in production, shipped large projects working as part of a cohesive team, and you can point to them online.
- You work hard to stay current – blogs, open source contribution, technology groups – whatever it takes to allow you to not just know what's going on, but to leverage that information into working strategies and adjustments to how you do your work.
- You are able to deliver compelling presentations, architectural blueprint documents, and requirements-gathering workshops to influence the strategic direction of our projects and leading solution design sessions.
- Assess cost and benefits of each possible solution and effectively recommend alternatives (build versus buy) and options that are most cost effective while providing the needed capabilities.
- Excellent communicator, comfortable engaging with ecommerce senior leadership