The business analyst plays a crucial role within the IT Project Applications team. This individual is responsible for defining and understanding the business needs and creating detailed requirements and managing the implementation of those requirements. They are in charge of ensuring the final work product delivered satisfies the business objectives while providing consumers with rich and relevant experiences. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a desire to deeply understand the business opportunities and solutions, and dissect complex processes into clear actionable units.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Own, analyze and prioritize tasks within product category and be accountable for results.
- Partner with key stakeholders to analyze business gaps and opportunities within an application and capture complete and unambiguous user requirements, and breakdown complex processes into workable units.
- Listen to business stakeholders in order to understand high level objectives down to the fine details and convert to accurate functional and non-functional requirements that IT and other teams can act upon.
- Aggregate input from stakeholders to prioritize features and requirements according to business value and support release and sprint planning meetings.
- Own the quality and accuracy of all tasks completed within product category and measure and communicate results.
- Establish credibility with the teams by improving collaboration through better organization, communication, understanding of the applications key concepts and technologies, respect for all teammates, and an internal drive to achieve.
- Analytical: collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complement data, designs workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Decision Making: Engage in real time decision making to meet organizational objectives that also support customer satisfaction
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming. Maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication: speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions. Demonstrates presentation skills. Participates in meetings.
- Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve goals. Understands strengths and weaknesses. Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities. Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Quality management: looks for ways to improve and promote quality; detail oriented; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics: treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support: follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities.
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Proven track record with industry leading companies utilizing strong problem solving and analytical skills to understand business challenges and opportunities in the context of the requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, think critically, make detailed recommendations on process improvements, assess trends, define proposed solutions and influence change.
- 2-4 years of managing multiple competing tasks and demands in a fast-paced environment, establishing and communicating expectations and delivering results in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated success in effectively communicating project goals and success metrics both through presentations and written documentation to achieve cross-department buy-in.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities to facilitate conversations and guide decision making which allows all teammates to contribute, while maintaining control and focus on the optimal solution within a set of resources, budget and timeframe.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work under pressure in a challenging fast paced environment with tight deadlines. Balances team and individual responsibilities and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments concurrently and deliver on commitments.
- A sincere and contagious passion for building Under Armour, and a fit with UA cultural values.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years in an analyst role
- Understanding of waterfall and agile project management methodologies.
- Microsoft Office including strong skills in excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with workflow tools i.e. JIRA