*** Position can be based in either Baltimore, MD OR Austin, TX***
Under Armour is seeking an Email Marketing Manager for our growing Connected Fitness (MyFitnessPal, MapMyRun, Endomondo) team. This role will be responsible for the strategy and end-to-end execution of our email series, reaching millions of users every week, from acquisition efforts, to upselling of our premium subscriptions, to retention emails. Additionally, the role will support and oversee day to day email marketing execution for our email content marketing + newsletters. The role will provide global support but also work closely with the Product Marketing, Product, Content, Media, and Global CRM teams.
We are looking for a highly motivated, results-driven individual that thrives in a fast-paced and matrixed environment. As a relatively new group within Under Armour, we’re looking to add talent that can help further define the culture we’re creating… consumer-centric, intellectually curious, and always innovating.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing strategic acquisition and lifecycle focused campaigns for a consumer brand, great project management skills, and a passion for digital storytelling through email.
- Drive effective and engaging email programs with sophisticated campaigns that deliver the right message to the right customer at the right time: from nurturing a lead who is unfamiliar with Connected Fitness to retaining them or winning them back
- Strategy and execution of email marketing campaigns, particularly a leads nurture series, referral program testing, onboarding series, and winback series
- Partner with cross-functional teams like Product Marketing, Media, Brand, Product, and Reporting/Analytics and collaborate with Global CRM Team for best practices
- Advance the organization’s utilization of Salesforce Marketing Cloud tools, including dynamic segmentation, analytics-driven content targeting, personalization and dynamic email templates.
- Execute strategic A/B testing within the email channel, including send time, creative, offer, and subject line optimization aimed at developing best practices for ongoing campaigns.
- Oversee and mentor an Associate Email Marketing Manager
Skills and Experience:
- 5 to 8 years of email marketing experience, 2+ years in a managerial capacity
- Expertise managing end-to-end email campaigns in Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar large-scale ESP in a self-service model.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS (coding experience required)
- Working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL and database concepts used for direct marketing.
- Intermediate knowledge of digital analytics tools (Omniture, Google Analytics).
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead meetings and influence teammates in a matrixed environment.
- A creative eye and passion for design and beautiful creative