Under Armour is searching for a motivated Sr. Professional, Data Steward that will be responsible for the management and proficiency of master data stored in our organization. You will join a results oriented team and participate in the design, implementation, maintenance and support of our data governance program to make better, more informed decisions. This is a key role on the Master Data team and will work closely with functional and technical leaders and users to define, develop and implement our data governance program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Gather, understand, and document enterprise data process requirements, functional requirements, and data quality requirements to establish trusted data sources and ensures the right controls are built around the flow of creation and maintenance of master data through the organization
- Partner with other Data Stewards to capture and maintain a comprehensive global data dictionary and business glossary; along with developing and implementing global data standards, policies and procedures
- Develop integrated solutions and recommendations for critical processes in collaboration with functional, operational, and technical partners to understand the impacts of changes within and across master data domains and impacts to downstream processes and transactions
- Strive to obtain subject matter expertise by maintaining contact with key knowledge sources to promote agile, accurate, and high-quality data through the enterprise data life cycle
- Create and maintain global master data SOPs, work instructions etc. for continuous improvement of data governance standards and processes based upon leading practices, evolving industry trends, expanding operational capabilities etc.
- Improve processes regarding data flow and quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value
- Build and maintain data quality dashboards
- Some data maintenance of master records may be required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in mathematics, business, statistics, economics, computer science or related field.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience as a top performer in Data Stewardship, Data Governance, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of tools, methodologies and problem-solving approaches in the area of data governance best practices.
- Deep understanding and demonstrated ability to adapt to complex international business environments and situations.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate, persuade and communicate the value of data integrity and governance
- Demonstrated experience defining, motivating and driving change across stakeholders.
- Possess strong knowledge of business process, data or information management, and data quality standards and processes.
- Must understand the importance and benefits of good data quality and champion results across functions.
- Strong attention to detail, process orientation and business acumen.
- Focus on accuracy and quality of work.
- High sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Ability to learn multiple internal and external programs and systems.
- Ability to analyze data from multiple sources, driving accurate data being communicated to outside departments.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills including being courteous, responsive, accurate and competent.
- Pragmatic, analytical problem solver with a solutions oriented mindset.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines and creating and improving processes.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and deliver solid action-oriented results quickly.
- Knowledge of key concepts around master data management preferred.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with demonstrated ability to interface with a variety of cross functional business and IT partners.
- A sincere and contagious passion for building Under Armour. A fit with our cultural values.