The Enterprise Architecture (EA) is an integral part of the Under Armour (UA) architecture team and the owner of the segment architecture process and artifacts for all components of their domain. The EA is responsible for the design, planning and governance of strategic and cross-organizational rationalization and optimization of the enterprise’s services, processes and components. The DA provides comprehensive technical understanding, oversight of their domain related projects and engages with the application delivery, infrastructure, security and architecture teams, while making recommendations for continuous improvement. The EA is responsible for service delivery components to ensure service availability and to safeguard the domain landscape.
EA’s will support individual project/solution architects in their portfolio and will engage with/in projects and resources that span across the enterprise. When needed the EA will participate in the UA incident and problem management processes for incidents directly related to their domain landscape that affect SOPs and SLA’s.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Captures and prioritizes market and environmental trends, business strategies and objectives, and identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies.
- Establishes the contribution that technology can make to business objectives, conducting feasibility studies, producing high-level business models, roadmaps and preparing business cases.
- Leads the creation and review of a systems capability strategy that meets the strategic requirements of the business and maps to IT roadmaps
- Develops enterprise-wide architecture and processes that ensure that the strategic application of change is embedded in the management of the organization, ensuring the buy-in of all stakeholders.
- Develops and presents business cases, for high-level initiatives, for approval, funding and prioritization.
- Ensures compliance between business strategies, enterprise transformation activities and technology directions, setting strategies, policies, standards and practices.
- Advises senior leaders on technology opportunities to support strategy and capability needs.
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required.
- Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements.
- Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific technical domain, and provides expert advice regarding their application.
- Can supervise technical consultants.
- Contributes to research goals and builds on and refines appropriate outline ideas for the evaluation, development, demonstration and implementation of research.
- Uses available resources to gain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant IT field.
- Reports on work carried out and may contribute significant sections of material of publication quality.
- Contributes to research plans and identifies appropriate opportunities for publication and dissemination of research findings.
Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Monitors the market to gain knowledge and understanding of currently emerging technologies.
- Identifies new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products based on own area of expertise, assesses their relevance and potential value to the organization, contributes to briefings of staff and management.
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration.
- Works iteratively with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
Requirements Definition and Management
- Facilitates scoping and business priority setting for large or complex changes, engaging senior stakeholders as required.
- Selects the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative.
- Drives the requirements elicitation process where necessary, identifying what stakeholder input is required.
- Takes responsibility for the investigation and application of changes to program scope.
- Identifies the impact on business requirements of external impacts affecting a program or project.
- Produces models and roadmaps in support of business strategy.
- Has in-depth knowledge of a broad range of industry-wide modelling techniques.
- Advises on the choice of techniques and approach and influences customers accordingly.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating modelling activities and for ensuring the quality of work.
- Assesses, records and reports on elements of IT sustainability showing expertise in a given area such as service reusability, data centers, total value of ownership of building blocks, scalability, IT standards etc.
- Provides advice on the improvement of IT sustainability in the area of expertise.
- Investigates corporate data requirements, and applies data analysis, data modelling and quality assurance techniques, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Provides advice and guidance to database designers and others using the data structures and associated components.
- Identifies the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and BRMs.
- Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Negotiates with stakeholders at senior levels, ensuring that organizational policy and strategies are adhered to.
- Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Masters in Business Administration or Computer Science degree preferred.
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) certification or the ability to obtain within 6 months.
- 10 + years of IT experience.
- 5+ years of direct support and design experience in one of the following domains;
- Marketing-Conceptual and technical understanding of Marketing architecture and business processes with the following technologies; Salesforce, Adobe.
- 5 + years of development/administrator and/or business analysis experience.
- Proven experience with the analysis of complex business and/or systems/technical requirements or issues and the ability to develop innovative solutions.
- Consumer Products and/or functional experience in the domain is a plus.