Under Armour Connected Fitness is looking for extraordinary services engineers for our MyFitnessPal team. We’re keeping ourselves busy designing and building scalable microservices from the ground up. Our community of over 200 million users provides us with plenty of challenging scaling problems. We are continuously improving our set of services and strengthening the foundation for our mobile and internal applications. We’re focused on providing our users with amazing health and fitness experiences.
As a member of the Nutrition Services team you will...
● Build and maintain low latency, high performance scalable systems
● Design, implement, and scale new APIs, aggregation services, and data centric microservices
● Solve interesting scaling problems in an application ecosystem with over 200 million users
● Work closely with other engineers within your team and across the entire engineering organization from mobile clients to data science/engineering
● Work closely with product managers to define customer facing feature requirements and underlying service implementations
● Rapidly iterate on existing product and platform features
● Work with massive data sets on the scale of tens of billions of records
● Work to break apart our legacy Rails monolith into scalable Scala services
We are looking for someone that...
● Has a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
● Has a strong algorithms and data structures background.
● Has solid knowledge of the technological fundamentals of developing applications for the Internet, including Unix/Linux, relational databases, HTTP and REST
● Has an understanding of good software development practices/patterns/architecture
● Has significant experience in at least one programming language, ideally Ruby or Scala.
● Enjoys working as part of a team.
● Picks up new technology quickly.
● Writes clean, elegant, readable, well tested, and well documented code.