The Under Armour Global Ecommerce Delivery Team is seeking a Sr. Manager to lead our team of project and program management professionals. This role will drive software development best practices and delivery across our Ecommerce product development teams, delivering new features and functionality to our B2C and B2B Digital Commerce products, such as UnderArmour.com, native iOS and Android Shopping apps and custom digital experiences like ICON and ArmourHouse.
You will be an integral part of our Ecommerce Leadership team, partnering with Product and Engineering leadership to define and prioritize incremental work for our Global Ecommerce team in support of our Digital Strategy. You will come with an Agile Mindset, promoting modern agile principles in our cross functional delivery teams and coaching our project managers to be servant leaders and ultimately the force multiplier to a team’s rate of success.
As a member of the greater Project Management Team for Under Armour Connected Fitness + Digital Commerce, you will contribute thought leadership and expertise to a larger team of professionals that are responsible for the continuous delivery of value in Under Armour’s digital products. We share Scrum of Scrum adventures, tales of Retrospectives and the love of continuous learning.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of the Under Armour team, building the latest in digital & physical products to make all athletes better.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the iterative planning cycles for the Global Digital Commerce portfolio of work leveraging industry standards like Big Room Planning.
- Optimize the staffing of cross functional teams in support of the shared mission and vision of the organization.
- Promote Agile principles and coach teams on how to adopt practices that best suit the nature of their product and technical solutions.
- Create an atmosphere that inspires collaboration across Product, Design, Engineering, QA and other stakeholders in the software development lifecycle.
- Jump on escalations and work to resolve conflicts regarding resourcing, timing, costs and scope amongst your teams.
- Represent the overall portfolio of Ecommerce work and our progress to Goals to Under Armour leadership team and key stakeholders.
- Lead frequent Retrospectives across the Ecommerce leadership team and participate in process improvement initiatives by leveraging cross team perspectives and industry standards
- Grow and manage the recruitment, on-boarding, training activities, career-pathing, and evaluation of project management teammates.
- 7+ years of experience managing delivery for cross-functional teams with a track record of delivering complex software projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to plan and deliver programs in a blended Agile and more traditional Waterfall development environments.
- Direct manager experience, successfully hired and managed project management professionals.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent mix of experience and certification or education.
- Experience delivering technical solutions for E-Commerce products on both custom and packaged software platforms.
- Hands-on experience with JIRA or Confluence (alternatively: Rally, VersionOne, etc.).