Senior Software Engineer
Under Armour is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to support our global Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) ecommerce platform. You will work with the global SFCC development team to develop enterprise-level eCommerce solutions supporting multiple international markets. Successful candidates will take ownership in the operational stability and performance of our Commerce Cloud websites while creating innovative consumer experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a developer team lead, collaborating with product owners, UX team members, business analysts, and SI partners as relevant to new feature development
- Work with internal teams, including product management, UX & design, business analysts, and technical resources on requirements gathering, issue logging/tracking/mitigation/resolution, and ongoing development and maintenance of the eCommerce websites
- Actively participate in daily team meetings and ceremonies.
- Provide input to the business analyst / product manager with regards to requirements definition, specifications, vendor reviews, design and timelines, and effort estimates for key initiatives where relevant
- Provide input into project plans (creation and maintenance), timelines and development documentation for all assigned projects
Education and Experience
- 5-8 years (equivalent combination of experience and education accepted)
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology or IT ideal; marketing, business, or art fields with equivalent considered
- 5-8+ years of hands on experience in a web development environment is required
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (Git strategies, Unit Tests, build processes, etc.) is required
- 3+ years in a similar role working with SalesForce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware) is preferred
- Strong understanding of the full eCommerce technology ecosystem including Digital Content, CMS, PIM, DAM, Payment, Tag Management, Web Analytics, ERP, CRM, OMS, WMS, Fraud Management and more is preferred
- Experience using Commerce Cloud Pipelines, JS Controllers, DS Script, ISML Templates, Jobs, and services framework is preferred
- Proven experience in working and integrating with APIs and 3rd Party systems integrations (SOAP/REST) to payment, OMS, CRM, CMS & WMS systems is preferred
- Highly motivated and self-starter approach to job.
- Able to work independently as part of a globally distributed team, proactively requesting assistance, advice and input from colleagues and customers both internal and external as needed.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and communication skills; able to understand and balance perspectives and find common ground between parties across divides.
- Adaptable and change-resilient, working well in a dynamic fast-paced global environment, accepting new ideas and initiatives and making positive use of opportunities presented.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to adapt interpersonal style to suit different people and situations, showing respect and sensitivity towards individual and cultural differences.
- Customer focused attitude, setting high standards for work quality and quantity as measured by value delivered (and promised) to customers.
- Interested in working in or at retail and wholesale eCommerce
- Solid knowledge of IT Methodologies and Software Development Lifecycle for information systems development, testing principles, project methodologies and practices.
- Agile development methodology a must
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, ability to translate technical jargon into plain English for business users.
- Other languages spoken is a plus.
Location and Travel
- Onsite at our Baltimore, MD Headquarters
- Possible travel to regional offices, conferences, and or training.