Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! WILL YOU…PROTECT THIS HOUSE?!
The role of the Director, HR Business Partner (HRBP) must parallel the needs of our growing, changing organization. As a member of the business unit, the Director, HRBP (Digital + Technology) will partner with leaders on a variety of HR initiatives in the areas of organization effectiveness, learning, performance management, compensation, associate relations and recruiting. This role will partner with the Digital business units including Consumer Engagement and Commerce, Information Technology, Digital Product, and Digital Engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a consultant to influence the business, deliver constructive advice, diagnose and resolve problems and positively influence change.
- Stay accountable for determining, implementing and reinforcing Human Resources and associate-related policies and procedures.
- Drive opportunities to support the communication of company initiatives.
- Partner with leaders to determine needs for the associates ensuring alignment with corporate direction, strategic initiatives and Human Resources best practices. (e.g., talent recruitment, development and training; associate engagement; succession planning; performance management; legal/regulatory compliance; compensation, safety and benefit policies and practices)
- Lead and support the development of a performance-oriented culture through strategic goals and initiatives.
- Lead, develop, and support the development and execution of succession plans and conduct talent reviews to assist with implementation of succession plans.
- Possess a thorough understanding of all training and development programs in an effort to lead and support business units.
- Provide performance management guidance on all appropriate matters
- Lead strategic talent and organizational development initiatives that address the evolving needs of the business, and programs designed to drive positive change (e.g., reporting structure, succession planning, compensation competitiveness, etc.)..
- Proactively seek knowledge of both industry and functional specialty. Researching best practices, legal developments, emerging trends, technological advancements and benchmark comparisons in order to create HR practices that are best in class.
- Subject matter expert and resource for the business unit leaders.
- Drives teammate engagement through recognition and reward programs, communications, meetings and focus groups.
- Provide strategic, hands-on expertise on HR policy and practices.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Proven knowledge of all core HR processes including performance management, leadership development, talent management, compensation, succession planning, training and organizational development.
- Experience supporting a Digital or Technology business to provide strategic guidance and practices to drive retention and engagement of technical talent.
- Prior experience promoting an atmosphere which inspires teammates to excel and develop.
- A reputation for outstanding leadership, team building & recruiting. A Human Resources professional with superior inspirational qualities who creates an atmosphere in which people work together enthusiastically and co-operatively to produce outstanding results; one who attracts top talent from outside the organization while developing strong teams within.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Smart, creative, compelling, driven. Not afraid to lead others past their comfort zone(s). Creates a sense of urgency and is energized by speed.
- Proven experience working well with others to maintain and build cross-functional (internal and external) relationships.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Prior experience clearly expressing complex ideas, strong presentation skills, and creating job descriptions.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- At least 10 years of Human Resources experience
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.