As Lead Developer, Product Applications and part of the Product Technology Team you will lead software development for all of Under Armour’s Product Applications. This includes but is not limited to applications used for PLM, Development, Sourcing, Merchandising, Design, 3D, and Materials Management. We are looking for a lead software developer / manager with a proven track record of custom development, COTS implementation, and hybrid approach of tailored configuration of vendor products.
This role is joins an established IT team, driving to implement new technologies, simplify and standardize existing Product Technology landscape, and deprecate a number of systems and processes which are no longer supported, or are too cumbersome to support with existing resources. The Lead Developer should feel comfortable in the confines of the current project work, but will also be able to meet with external partners to discuss future projects/enhancements and ways to further leverage Product Technology to drive Under Armour forward.
You must have strong leadership, management, organizational skills, be flexible, and have the ability to quickly improvise. This position requires working in a fast-paced environment supporting tremendous growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead technical development efforts on medium and large scale, multi-team IT projects
- Partner with software vendors and functional BPOs/SMEs to develop technology solutions that will provide the desired business capabilities
- Lead code reviews, while fostering iterative, collaborative development environment
- Create detailed technical requirements and design documentation
- Coordinate version control (GIT, MS-TFS, Bitbucket, or similar) between multiple developers working on same code base
- Partner with solution, domain, enterprise architects, and service delivery lead to create and execute the strategy and roadmap for product applications
This role manages a group of internal developers and external development resources. Looking for someone with the ability to mentor teammates to promote an environment of professional growth and continuous improvement: put players in a position to make plays!
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Demonstrated experience implementing distributed systems and building reliable data integrations between those systems:
- API’s (REST, WSDL)
- SFTP / Flat file integration
- ETL (SSIS or SAP Data services)
- Batch Automation (Autosys, Redwood, Dell Boomi, or BMC Control-m)
- Strong conceptual understanding of workflow automation
- Eventing and Event Handling (MSMQ, Kafka)
- Expert Level SQL developer:
- Data modeling
- Stored procedure & view creation
- Ad-hoc SQL queries
- SQL performance tuning
- BCP IN/OUT
- Microsoft MDS experience a huge plus
- Strong Object Oriented programming experience in Java, C#, C++, VB.Net. MVC and console experience preferred
- Scripting programming in Powershell, Python, Perl, or similar language
- Familiarity with SAP core ECC architecture a plus (FMS experience a larger plus)
- Work extensively with Security and Infrastructure Teams; can speak language of servers, firewalls, SSO, and Windows AD
- Experience working in a Scrum Agile environment
- Experience with system architecture and design, bonus would be TOGAF certification
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage multiple ongoing projects
- Strong initiative, problem solving skills, and decision-making skills
- Apparel industry experience a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below represent the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s/Master's Degree, in IT-related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a development role
- Minimum 5 years of experience with personnel management
- ITIL foundations, Agile training, or other industry certifications preferred