SR PRODUCT MANAGER – PARTNER PLATFORM & APIs
Under Armour is embarking on a bold digital agenda aimed at transforming fitness and performance by leveraging new and emerging digital technologies. Harnessing the power of digital technologies is one of Under Armour's most strategic efforts, garnering significant involvement from the Board of Directors and senior leaders of the company. As part of that strategy, Under Armour’s Connected Fitness group is looking to unlock new business opportunities through the development of a platform and API group.
As the Sr. PM of Partner Platforms, you’ll lead the development of a product and technology strategy aimed at building a performant and scalable partner platform that enables third parties to integrate with Under Armour’s Connected Fitness ecosystem, which includes MyFitnessPal, MapMy Suite, and Endomondo. You’ll work with cross functional stakeholders to define API requirements, data models, documentation, and other necessary functionality needed to see our vision through. This role will also look for opportunities outside of tactical requirements, for ones that could open up new business channels. This role requires a product leader adept at making both business and technical decisions to execute against the broader strategy.
- Identify, rationalize, and ultimately deliver a partner platform product strategy that simplifies the integration and management of third parties into our Connected Fitness ecosystem as well as opens up new business opportunities for Under Armour.
- Manage resources and feature prioritization across multiple products and feel comfortable working with technical teams to make decisions about complex problems.
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders and vertical product leads to capture requirements and understand broader business needs.
- Drive product requirement definitions, research, metrics analysis, technical specifications, development, testing, and launch efforts.
- Present confidently to Under Armour senior management as well as other large audiences.
- Able to work at all levels in the organization, with no job being considered too large or small.
- Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- A strong understanding and familiarity with web services, SOA, and APIs is required in order to effectively deliver on our objectives.
- Experience building developer portals, platforms, and API services.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence, across all levels.
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented.
- Self-starting with a bias towards outcomes as opposed to activity
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and comfortable navigating enterprise-scale product and engineering environments.
- Collaborates effectively with cross-functional teams and business partners.
- Motivated, dynamic, strategic and results-oriented.
- Strong decision-making and prioritization skills.
- The ideal candidate must be proactive, work well in a matrix organization, work across organizations, great executive presence, and adapt well to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Foster a spirit of team unity across product management, design, engineering, and QA and with team members across multiple geographies.
Education and/or Experience
- 6+ years experience with software or technology product management and/or development
- 3+ years experience managing platform APIs as a product through the full life-cycle
- 4+ years' experience with service oriented architecture and Agile development methodologies
- 3+ years' experience leading and effectively managing a complex platform that is highly reliable and scalable
- Strong experience in core product management, including customer analysis, market segmentation, KPI management, operational management and roadmap development
- Ability to lead decision making conversations about ownership, funding, creating, managing and maintaining shared services, including a demonstrated ability to think holistically about the services that should be built to support the business
- Engineering and or engineering management experience a plus
- Good understanding of platform service models, including Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Metrics driven, can draw insights from large data sets to tune the API engagement
- Experience working with customers, to ensure correct use of services
- Familiarity with platforms, APIs, REST, SOA, GraphQL, Apigee, and Microservices. You know good developer documentation when you see it.