Under Armour is embarking on a bold digital agenda aimed at transforming fitness and performance by leveraging new and emerging digital technologies. Harnessing the power of digital technologies is one of Under Armour's most strategic efforts, garnering significant involvement from the Board of Directors and senior leaders of the company. As part of that strategy, Under Armour’s Connected Fitness group is looking to elevate the fitness tracking experience across all our digital products and also unlock new business opportunities with our Partner API group.
As the Sr. PM of Fitness and Partner API, you’ll lead the development of shared fitness tracking capabilities meant to level up our fitness experiences where they currently exist and accelerate our progress through the use of shared technologies. Fitness tracking has been a key core competency of our apps but fundamentally has not changed in many years - you will be joining a team that is well underway on updating our fitness tracking tech target an end product that is more modern, flexible, and relevant to current fitness trends.
Additionally, some of your time will be spent directing an early stage effort to consolidate our existing nutrition and fitness partner API’s to better meet the needs of our partners in the fitness and health space. Our goal is to leverage the ubiquity of MyFitnessPal in the nutrition space while establishing the aforementioned fitness tracking capabilities. You’ll work with cross functional stakeholders to define API requirements, data models, documentation, and other necessary functionality needed to see our vision through. This role will support our business development team in signing and onboarding new partners.
- Understand customers’ needs in the areas of strength training and recovery as they relate to athletic performance. Specify requirements and collaborate with product design and engineering in conceptualizing and delivering value to customers in this space.
- Manage feature prioritization across multiple products and feel comfortable working with technical teams to make decisions about complex problems.
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders and vertical product leads to capture requirements and understand broader business needs.
- Drive product requirement definitions, research, metrics analysis, technical specifications, development, testing, and launch efforts.
- Identify, rationalize, and ultimately deliver a partner platform product strategy that simplifies the integration and management of third parties into our Connected Fitness ecosystem as well as opens up new business opportunities for Under Armour.
- Present confidently to Under Armour senior management as well as other large audiences.
- Able to work at all levels in the organization, with no job being considered too large or small.
- Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Ability to self-serve analytics and use data to drive decision-making.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence, across all levels.
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented.
- Self-starting with a bias towards outcomes as opposed to activity.
- A strong understanding and familiarity with web services, SOA, and APIs is required in order to effectively deliver on our objectives.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and comfortable navigating enterprise-scale product and engineering environments.
- Collaborates effectively with cross-functional teams and business partners.
- Motivated, dynamic, strategic and results-oriented.
- Strong decision-making and prioritization skills.
- The ideal candidate must be proactive, work well in a matrix organization, work across organizations, great executive presence, and adapt well to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Foster a spirit of team unity across product management, design, engineering, and QA and with team members across multiple geographies.
Education and/or Experience
- 4+ years experience with software or technology product management and/or development
- 4+ years' experience with Agile development methodologies
- Strong experience in core product management, including customer analysis, market segmentation, KPI management, operational management and roadmap development
- Ability to lead decision making conversations about ownership, funding, creating, managing and maintaining shared services, including a demonstrated ability to think holistically about the services that should be built to support the business
- Engineering and or engineering management experience a plus
- Good understanding of platform service models, including Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Proven track record of measuring outcomes of software improvements
- Experience working with customers, to ensure correct use of services
- Familiarity with platforms, APIs, REST, SOA, GraphQL, Apigee, and Microservices. You know good developer documentation when you see it.