No matter what goals today’s athlete has, the Connected Fitness business unit provides the technology needed to help them train, perform, and improve. All they need to bring is the WILL.
MapMyFitness, Endomondo, MyFitnessPal and Under Armour have teamed up to create Under Armour Connected Fitness, a business unit dedicated to providing the technology needed to train, perform and improve. Aimed at transforming fitness and performance, Under Armour is committed to leveraging new and emerging digital technologies to create unmatched consumer and member experiences, both online and in our stores.
We are looking for a senior Data Scientist to join our team. You will get opportunities to translate real world problems into quantitative language, find or create algorithms to solve those problems, and implement them in code. We encourage creative solutions and strive to maintain rigorous scientific and engineering standards. You will be working on full data science pipeline, bringing solutions from research to production.
- MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or other quantitative disciplines with a focus on statistical modeling, artificial intelligence, and mathematical algorithms
- Experience with one or more of the following:Natural Language Processing, text understanding, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems or similar.
- 3-5 years of industry experience with machine learning
- Ability to apply data science to real-world problems, capable of breaking down complex problems into key components where data science and AI can be utilized
- Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable team player
- In-depth knowledge of Statistics/Probability/Machine learning
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for problem solving
- Analyze various data sets and build sophisticated machine learning models
- Design and optimize algorithms to achieve the best solutions
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends
- Help build us next generation data science solutions
Benefits & Perks:
At the center of Under Armour/MyFitnessPal's values is the belief that the single most important thing we do is continue to hire the best people and create a workplace where they can thrive. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing we offer a number of perks and benefits, including:
A competitive compensation package + equity
- Lots of Under Armour gear
Career and professional development opportunities
Flexible working hours and paid time off
Lunch provided daily
Medical, dental and vision benefits
401k with matching
GiveBack volunteer time
Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more