About Under Armour Digital
Under Armour Digital is a transformative business unit of Under Armour. We are changing the way millions of people around the world achieve their fitness and nutrition goals supporting the Under Armour mission to “Make You Better”. UA Digital is the leader in connected fitness – building the world’s largest digital health and fitness community by providing interactive tools and services that help our users achieve their health & fitness goals. Our consumer apps – MapMyFitness, Endomondo, UA Record and MyFitnessPal – are among the most popular apps on iOS and Android and the cloud-based platforms have been supporting a rapid growth of over 100,000 new users every day for a total of 260+ million users across the network.
About Global Business Development & Strategic Partnerships
The UA Digital Business Development & Strategic Partnerships team is responsible for accelerating the Under Armour mission of “Make You Better” through brand aligned strategic global partnerships that generate meaningful growth and business impact. Through the role, the team works closely with product teams and other cross-functional teams to set partner strategy, identify and establish new opportunities, and lead partner engagement and execution. Our role provides a unique opportunity at Under Armour to work on highly challenging projects with the ability to impact the business, create meaningful new products, services, & new businesses, and work with diverse set of teams and leaders throughout the organization.
The Senior Lead of BD & Strategic Partnerships will contribute to this mission by leading a set of high impact strategic partnership opportunities end-to-end, globally. As such, the Senior Lead must be a creative, strategic, ROI-focused and execution-oriented leader. This individual will also be someone with the ability to lead, organize and motivate internal teams as well as interact with both internal and partner executives with ease. For the partner engagements managed, a key focus of the individual will be to maximize the value provided to our users, our partners, and back to the business. The Senior Lead is expected to drive prioritization as a key theme and improve the UA BD function, conceiving and implementing ideas, best practices, processes that will make the function world-class.
- Partner with UA Digital leadership and product teams to influence partnership strategy and overall partnership prioritization that align to business goals
- Establish new or grow existing strategy aligned partnership engagements through opportunity identification, partner targeting, and partner selling and negotiations on business and product relationship.
- Build highly compelling business cases and rationale to influence leadership support and resourcing for new opportunities.
- Qualify partner opportunities considering UA corp. strategy, BD strategy, product & financial requirements, customer value, and full set of target business criteria.
- Lead execution of partner engagements holistically from idea to ‘launch’ working closely with virtual cross-functional teams.
- Proactively manage the impact from partner engagements on the business & our users.
- Manage partner relationships at both working and executive levels to insure successful and mutually beneficial engagements.
- Contribute to new ideas and bring in best practices & process improvements that improve overall BD team operations.
- Develop and build industry relationships that can lead to new partner engagements or inform future strategy.
- 5-7+ years of strategic business development experience spanning opportunities across new revenue, product enablement and user growth & engagement.
- Deep exposure to mobile software and hardware products, user experiences, business models and technologies. Experience in digital fitness/sport, nutrition, wellness, health software/devices a strong plus; athletic apparel & footwear experience also a plus
- Strong analytical capabilities in terms of building business cases using industry data, consumer insights, and other data analytics.
- Strong strategic thinker who can easily paint a vision within the organization.
- Strong writing and communication skills - ability to communicate concisely and effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Sharp negotiation skills and ability to structure business agreements
- Data-driven decision maker, able to synthesize information and turn it into successful strategy
- Highly credible presence and engagement style; comfortable presenting to large and small groups, C-level executives
- Experience in effectively managing strategic partner relationships across many different functions and levels, including C-level executives
- Organized, entrepreneurial self-starter; able to identify what needs to get done, then willing and able to make it happen
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership; able to bring together and influence large virtual senior-level cross-functional teams to insure opportunity success
- Proven team player; participation and achievement in team-based sports and/or passion for fitness and sport industry a strong plus
- BS/BA required, MBA from top school highly desirable; Mobile/consumer software product management or marketing experience a big plus
If you're interested in joining the team at Under Armour, please send a cover letter along with your resume telling us what inspires you about the Under Armour Digital mission and why you