Intro: Seeking nutrition specialist that has experience writing digital nutrition plans (i.e., applicable at scale), conducting nutrition studies end-to-end, making data-informed scientific decisions, and closely follows scientific trends in nutrition.
Interests: Candidates should be interested in consumer-facing health and fitness products (e.g., digital nutrition plans, mobile applications, nutrition trackers, consumer body-composition devices, etc.). They should have an intrinsic desire to improve the lives of consumers by bettering these products; increasing efficacy, and making them easier to adopt, use, and understand. Candidates should have a strong interest in all aspects of nutrition, including: nutrition for health, disease prevention, pregnancy and post-partum, lifestyle, and exercise/spot-performance. Candidates should have on open-minded approach to nutrition.
Candidates should be motivated by an interest in helping people at scale (not performing one-on-one nutrition counseling). They should be motivated by working with aspiring athletes, or individuals starting a health and fitness journey (not working with professional athletes). Candidates should be less interested in nutrition for disease management or medical nutrition (e.g., diet plans while on chemotherapy).
Candidates should enjoy communicating with a wide variety of individuals interested in health and fitness. Candidates should be interested in representing the Brand in public setting.
Overview of Responsibilities:
This person will be primarily responsible for working with digital product and design teams. Specifically, they will guide teams be ensuring digital products are scientifically grounded, recommendations are safe and effective, and that products are adoptable by a wide variety of people. Additionally, this person will be responsible for running human studies designed to shape and test digital products or plans. They will be responsible in guiding data science studies. Finally, they will work with content teams to guide all media creation (blogs, videos, infographics, etc.)
Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Nutrition Science or related field
- Nutrition for weight loss, health, fitness, disease prevention, and exercise performance
- Strong understanding of healthy eating and ethical implications thereof
- Nutrition-based mobile applications
- Digital behavior change philosophy
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Comfortable conducting nutritional research/studies
- Competent in delivering large-scale nutrition programs
- Ability to conduct remote nutrition programs
- Capable of distilling scientifically-vetted nutrition plans into a digestible digital nutrition program or plan
- Proven ability to work with athletes to create exercise-specific nutrition plans
- Interested in tech
- Data-drive mindset
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communicator
- Independently motivated to run nimble studies end-to-end (rigorous but fast)
- Guide data science studies
- Run human-based studies
- Familiar with digital behavior change
- Active in sports or exercise