Localization Coordinator with a heart of a linguist and a mind of an engineer at Under Armour Connected Fitness
We are stepping up our localization efforts at Under Armour Connected Fitness in Austin. To help us juggle our multilingual content on various platforms – mobile apps, web, newsletters, etc. – and ensure the desired quality of translations, we are looking for a Localization Coordinator who is passionate about languages and an active healthy lifestyle.
About Under Armour Connected Fitness
The Under Armour Connected Fitness family of apps includes MapMyFitness, MyFitnessPal, Endomondo and UA Record. Together we represent the world’s largest connected fitness community. All our apps combined, we interact with our users in a total of 27 languages.
- Prepare and analyze localization files (HTML, XML, etc.) for translation and identify any issues that do not allow for proper localization
- Distribute and coordinate translation tasks with external translators with our localization management platforms, Crowdin and Smartling
- Continuously update contextual information for translators in our translation management tool, e.g. uploading screenshots, providing descriptions of the context, etc.
- Maintain our terminology glossaries and translation memories in our translation management tools
- Establish efficient workflows and continuously improve processes related to the planning, QA and delivery of translations and multilingual content
- Assist with QA, testing, maintaining and improving our multilingual content on different platforms – e.g. mobile app texts, web texts, app descriptions on Google Play and App Store, newsletters, blog posts, etc.
- Report and troubleshoot localization issues with teammates and work to respond to reported issues by our users
- Assist with translating and proof reading the languages you master
- A true team player with a strong linguistic background who has worked 2+ years in a software development environment
- A flair for translating and experience working with translation tools, translation memories and terminology
- A good understanding of and experience with localization and translation of mobile and web applications
- Fluency in English and at least one other language, which includes thorough knowledge of the language’s grammar is an advantage
- Ability to communicate and work comfortably and effectively across different teams, e.g. software engineers, design team, marketing team, and external vendors
- Multitasking and coordinating skills with the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced technology environment and produce high-quality results under tight deadlines
Desired Skills & Experience
- Hands-on experience with Crowdin, Smartling or similar localization project management platform
- Experience delivering consumer software products – either as a business analyst, software developer or project manager
- Experience coordinating software releases across multiple teams, including external groups like customer support, quality assurance, and marketing teams
- Passion for a healthy lifestyle as well as interests in fitness apps and connected devices are an advantage