iOS Engineering Manager
MyFitnessPal, part of Under Armour Connected Fitness
MyFitnessPal is the world's largest diet and fitness tracking smartphone app and website. We focus on using social and gamification elements to motivate users to optimize their exercise and caloric intake. We have the largest database of food and food logging history in the world. In February 2015, MyFitnessPal joined Under Armour's family of connected fitness technology.
MyFitnessPal is looking for a humble and hungry Engineering Manager for iOS mobile development. The Engineering Manager will lead a team of iOS engineers, actively taking steps to support their growth and to help them to advance in their careers, as well as providing day to day guidance and ensuring they are on track to meet our product milestones to deliver a best in class mobile application on a global scale.
Working closely alongside engineers, designers and product, the Engineering Manager will also draw on their exceptional technical ability as an iOS engineer to directly contribute to building great mobile products. They will drive a culture of continuous improvement and collaboration across the team, and help us to build trusting relationships with our partners.
To thrive in this role, the Engineering Manager should execute well in an agile environment, feel comfortable managing a high performing engineering team, encourage pragmatic decisions and tight feedback loops, and take calculated risks based on collaboration with your peers.
- Participate in the full SDLC(Agile),including estimation, planning, and design sessions.
- Manage a team of onsite iOS engineers.
- Develop and advise on architecture, systems design, roadmaps and project plans as it relates to multi-channel experiences.
- Act as a driving force for constantly improving performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, availability and usability.
- Develop a forward looking technology roadmap that aligns / supports the global business strategy.
- 4+ years of responsibility as an engineering lead or manager comprised of 5+ teammates.
- 4+ years of experience mentoring and coaching individual engineers.
- Experience writing and delivering performance reviews and career development planning.
- 5+ years of software development experience in a highly agile environment.
- 5+ years of experience implementing mobile solutions on iOS
- Dedication to releasing a quality product on time: building software, supporting continuous integration/deployment, supporting git repositories, writing documentation, reviewing support tickets, testing, etc.
- Experience being a“hands-on”engineer building prototypes as well as troubleshooting production issues.
- Experience in all aspects of the software life cycle including providing support and services to other areas of the organization.
- Experience managing business expectations and scope as well as providing technology recommendations.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills for internal and external audiences.
- Experience Implementing integrated hardware and software solutions
- Experience supporting a product with a consumer base of > 1MM Monthly Active Users strongly desired.
- Computer Science BS or similar degree, or equivalent job related experience