We are looking for a motivated Project Manager to join us in the continuous development of the world’s largest health and fitness community with more than 200 million users worldwide. As a member of the Program Management Team at Under Armour Connected Fitness (UACF), you will work closely with Product Management, Design, Engineering, QA and other business stakeholders to coordinate the delivery of digital products and features that help our users achieve their fitness goals.
We need someone who is detail-oriented, excellent at team motivation & accountability, and committed to delivering on time, with a high quality bar. It doesn’t hurt if you are passionate about health and fitness.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of the Under Armour team, building the latest in digital & physical products that make you better.
- You support the UACF Platform team responsible for building shared components and services for UACF digital products like MyFitnessPal and MapMyRun as well as platform products like the UA Blog.
- You direct activities across cross-functional teams (Product, Design, Engineering, QA, etc.), and proactively identify and manage dependencies across them.
- You inspire teamwork without direct reporting authority and maximize the value created by your project team.
- You conduct Agile ceremonies, including Daily Stand-Ups, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, and Sprint Demos for your projects.
- You coordinate keeping all project artifacts up to date in UACF business systems like Confluence and JIRA, also responsible for creating project monitoring tools like Dashboards and Risk logs to avoid project pitfalls.
- You escalate issues and impacts to delivery timelines and work proactively with teams to to remove barriers to project execution.
- You are the liason to teammates outside the core UACF Platform team, such as Media and Legal teams, and help them interact with your project teams.
- You innovate with the wider UACF Program Management Office to create a strategy for programs & projects to ship more effectively.
- 2+ years of experience working in a cross-functional team environment with a track record of being a part of software projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of agile principles and scrum processes.
- Acute attention to detail and exemplary communication & organization skills.
- Proficiency in software dependency management across technology stacks, for example middleware services, web and native applications.
- Flexibility to help teams execute without perfect process or overbearing checklists.
- Coordinate with third party vendors and remote teams to clear the path for your engineers to deliver projects on time.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Hands-on experience with JIRA or Confluence (alternatively: Rally, VersionOne, etc.).
- Experience delivering consumer software products – either as a business analyst, software developer or project manager.
- Experience coordinating software releases across multiple teams, including external groups like customer support, quality assurance, and marketing teams.