MyFitnessPal is looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to help us build the largest connected fitness platform in the world. As a member of our Technical Operations team at MyFitnessPal you will partner with Engineering and Product teams to design, build and deliver reliable and highly performant services which help our over 90 million users improve their health and quality of life.
This person will participate in technical architecture decisions and own operations as a function within a software engineering team. We need someone who is detail-oriented, data-driven and passionate about health and nutrition. This is a tremendous opportunity to be an integral part of the MyFitnessPal team.
- Build and maintain a low latency, high performance, scalable infrastructure
- Ensure the infrastructure makes it easy for architecture and engineering teams to achieve rigorous SLAs and massive, global user growth
- Work closely with engineering stakeholders to define platform requirements and underlying service implementations
- Work closely with engineers on your team and across the engineering organization to troubleshoot/fix issues
- Rapidly iterate on existing platform features
- Strong understanding of scaling systems reliably.
- Production experience with with data stores and/or async messaging (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Memcache, Kafka, Elastic Search, etc)
- Exposure to containers (Docker)
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Salt, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Proficiency in the use of code and script (Python, Ruby, Java and/or Go)
Education and/or Experience
- BS in CS or 5+ years of comparable experience
- Expertise and experience in service performance profiling and tuning
- Familiarity with cutting-edge open source libraries and experience contributing to projects of personal interest a plus
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services administration a plus