Under Armour is looking for a Manager - Product Design, Global eCommerce to help us create the next generation 360 Customer Experience. Our growing team of passionate designers, engineers, and product folks live and breathe technology. This is your chance to become part of what is, and will continue to be, a challenging and exciting environment. We want someone who enjoys ideating and designing projects with a team and sharing them with the world. We want someone who understands that they never stop learning—and is excited by that. We want someone who rejoices in elegant solutions to intractable problems.
The Manager, Product Experience will be responsible for the user experience of digital commerce products and programs. You will oversee Product Experience for UA.com, UA International Sites & UA Icon (Customization). You will translate business needs and user insights into delightful experiences.
You should be passionate about your approach to creative problem solving though design methods and have a strong handle on user experience design with an acute sensibility for visual design. You are great at collaborating with engineers and product managers, and working with a distributed team.
- Advocate for an integrated, consistent experience across our ecosystem of digital products.
- Promote user-centered business decisions by influencing UX considerations. Prioritize key UX initiatives and identify and track metrics.
- Manage and mentor a lean experience design team. Promote user-centered decision making based on cohesive design principles and patterns.
- Collaborate in the exploration of new, innovative product ideas while refining existing features.
- Ensure delivery of high quality user experience and product design across multiple concurrent projects.
- Employ a range of human-centered design techniques, such as mental models, personas, user journeys, wireframes, and interactive prototypes, to determine and convey design decisions.
- Collaborate and develop documentation as needed to guide engineering, marketing, customer support, and content creation through the implementation of engaging, high-quality user experiences.
- Identify, plan, and facilitate user research, insight analysis, and other feedback mechanisms to deliver insights and actionable results.
- 3+ of experience leading integrated, cross-channel digital efforts across mobile and web
- 2+ years of expereince mentoring and growing talent
- Able to create experience deliverables like user journeys, wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Strong communication, presentation and storytelling skills and the ability to defend design decisions with solid rationales based on design principles, user research, and product knowledge
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Illustrator, inVision, Sketch, Hype, Axure, and Keynote
- Passion for quality work with an understanding of how to prioritize and make tradeoffs.
- Experience with e-commerce or digital B2C products with scale
- Portfolio with examples of great interaction-design work required - applications without portfolio will not be considered