Under Armour is looking for a Senior Manager, Experience Design - Global Ecomm to help us create the next generation 360 Customer Experience. Our growing team of passionate designers, engineers, and product folks live and breathe technology. This is your chance to become part of what is, and will continue to be, a challenging and exciting environment. We want someone who enjoys ideating and designing projects with a team and sharing them with the world. We want someone who understands that they never stop learning—and is excited by that. We want someone who rejoices in elegant solutions to intractable problems.
The Senior Manager, Experience Design - Global Ecomm will be responsible for creating leading-edge digital commerce products and programs, including in-store experiences. You will oversee Product Experience for UA.com, UA International Sites, Under Armour App (iOS & Android), UA Icon (Customization) & ArmourBox (Subscription). In addition the ability to connect the dots with our fitness communities (MyFitnessPal & MapMyRun) and digital commerce will remain a priority and core charter of the role. The spectrum of work is vast, but primarily comes down to digital, mobile, and experiential. You will set the bar for spectacular design and functionality across multiple digital platforms in the UA portfolio.
You will be responsible for every step of the design process and immerse yourself into projects with a pixel-perfect eye for detail. You will rely on your extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish Under Armour’s broader business goals. You should be great at collaborating with engineers and product managers, and mentoring a distributed design team.
- Build a strong design focus for our site and apps; keeping them up to date both in terms of visual aesthetic and interaction patterns
- Mentor and manage a team of designers —creating an environment that fosters collaboration, trust, and respect
- Push the design team forward by surfacing processes and examples that inspire them
- Partner with the brand, product and merchant teams in the development of creative assets especially as they relate to the digital/mobile/experiential use
- Identify and manage experiments that drive improvements to the product experience; And measure their impact.
- Capture and advocate the voice of our customers around the globe
- 6+ of experience leading large, integrated, cross-channel digital efforts across mobile and web
- 3+ years mentoring and growing talent
- Proficiency of visual design discipline – typography, grids, color theory, iconography, composition, etc.)
- Able to drive creation of storyboards, interactive prototypes and design deliverables
- Strong communication, presentation and storytelling skills and the ability to defend design decisions with solid rationales based on design principles, user research, and product knowledge
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Illustrator, inVision, Sketch, Hype, Axure, and Keynote
- Passion for quality work with an understanding of how to prioritize and make tradeoffs.
- Experience with e-commerce or digital B2C products with scale
- Portfolio with examples of great interaction-design work required - applications without portfolio will not be considered