Come join Under Armour’s digital division, creating software to power the future of connected fitness. We’re serious about individual growth and athletic achievement, and we’d like you to join us to build real products that will help millions of people improve their lives through better health and fitness. You will learn, grow and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by one of the strongest consumer brands in history. Will you…PROTECT THIS HOUSE?
We’re looking for a humble and hungry Engineering Manager for Android mobile development. You will be focused on delivering best in class mobile applications for Android on a global scale. These applications will seamlessly connect with our fitness platforms and create a world-class consumer engagement experience, centered on the user’s overall fitness goals. You will work alongside engineers, designers, and product professionals to successfully deliver the product roadmap. To thrive in this role, you execute well in an agile environment, feel comfortable managing a high performing engineering team, encourage pragmatic decisions and tight feedback loops, and take calculated risks based on collaboration with your peers.
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including estimation, planning, and design sessions.
- Manage a team of onsite Android engineers.
- Develop and advise on architecture, systems design, roadmaps and project plans as it relates to multi-channel experiences.
- Act as a driving force for constantly improving performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, availability and usability.
- Develop a forward looking technology roadmap that aligns / supports the global business strategy.
- 3+ years of responsibility as an engineering lead or manager comprised of 3+ teammates.
- 3+ years of experience mentoring and coaching individual engineers.
- Experience writing and delivering performance reviews and career development planning.
- 5+ years of software development experience in a highly agile environment.
- 5+ years of experience implementing mobile solutions on Android
- Dedication to releasing a quality product on time: building software, supporting continuous integration/deployment, supporting git repositories, writing documentation, reviewing support tickets, testing, etc.
- Experience being a “hands-on” engineer building prototypes as well as troubleshooting production issues.
- Experience in all aspects of the software life cycle including providing support and services to other areas of the organization.
- Experience managing business expectations and scope as well as providing technology recommendations.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills for internal and external audiences.
- Experience Implementing integrated hardware and software solutions
- Experience supporting a product with a consumer base of > 1MM Monthly Active Users strongly desired.
- Computer Science BS or similar degree, or equivalent job related experience