Under Armour is a leading company in sports products and the most dynamic growth brand in sports in the past 30 years. Under Armour’s growth comes from relentless focus on innovative products as well as its powerful and authentic connection with athletes and people who share the athletic spirit. The highest quality products, powerful storytelling and endorsement by “home town hero” athletes helped create the powerful movement that is Under Armour.
Under Armour Connected Fitness has steadily been building the world’s largest digital fitness community by providing tools to make fitness social, simple and rewarding through a suite of flagship consumer fitness brands – MapMyFitness (MapMyRun, MapMyRide, MapMyWalk), My Fitness Pal, Endomondo, and UA Record.
We are looking for a Content Manager to join the UA Run + Fitness team. This role will play a contributor role in defining copy for user interfaces that are functional, compelling, and on brand. This is a product role, as opposed to marketing or advertising campaigns. We’re seeking a writer who can deliver clear, results-oriented copy and who enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment. You will contribute to ideation and inspiration in user experience interaction and interface patterns and design. This position is within a product design team and it’s preferable that the ideal candidate has experience in both web and app-based projects, with a focus on UX and UI product design. You will advocate and shepherd the application of the overall UA Brand voice while retaining specificity and identity of Connected Fitness Products. You have a passion for telling great stories and crafting experiences not just writing words. You will thoroughly understand the user goals, business needs, and create consistent and coherent language that helps people accomplish their goals and result in memorable experiences. This role will support copy requests across our products – UA Record, MapMyFitness, and MyFitnessPal.
You'll be working in a creative environment with business owners, product managers, designers and developers and your role is to ensure that consumer's goals and requirements are captured, communicated and satisfied. You will report into the design team, and you are familiar with agile design and development methodologies. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about solving problems using design methods. Your proactive approach to creative problem solving will be essential to the success of the whole team. Strong handle of design with an acute sensibility for user experience is required.
This position is based in the Under Armour Connected Fitness headquarters in Austin, TX.
- Write informative and engaging copy and descriptions and UI labels and calls to action for mobile and web experiences.
- Copy editing/writing email and product messaging
- Info architecture / content strategy across websites and mobile experiences
- Product feature sponsorship concept development/brainstorming
- UA Brand Voice/Tone development and integration in product and communications
- Content guide evangelization, socialization and enforcement across Connected Fitness products.
- Coordination of localization efforts with our translation team.
- Analyze business and user needs and translate them into content strategy.
- Develop solid relationships with product teams to understand key product attributes, unique features and selling points of all product lines.
- Additional duties and projects as required.
- 2 - 5 years copywriting experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, English, or related field
- Great interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Self-starter with an ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to think strategically with an attention to details
- Ability to work with cross functional teams and individually to drive results
- Ability to succeed a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment
- Best-in-class project deliverables
- Able to understand the conceptual basis of a brand and how it should inform design
- Experience adhering to and developing style and identity guidelines
- Experience with Adobe CS, Sketch, and related tools a bonus
- Understands the value of the latest design trends (responsive design, mobile first, etc.)
- Experience working with Designers, Creative Directors, Product Managers, and Strategists
Preferred skills (bonus points):
- Understands the emerging world of quantified self, and the convergence of technology, wearables, wellness, and fitness
- Have worked agency side for big brands, supporting many thousands of users
- Or, have worked internal at a big brand, or an amazing product startup
- You are a self-starting problem solver who is driven by their craft.
- You thrive on collaboration, and communicate effectively.
- You are a systems thinker, and can simplify complexity.
- You know how to delegate, prioritize, and escalate as needed.
- You are more concerned about being smart than being “right”.
- You have the ability to think conceptually and offer up new ideas and options and also drive an idea through.
- You are a skilled discussion facilitator and storyteller.
- You maintain a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- You have a passion for wellness and fitness.
- You have a sense of humor and like, you know, fun.
- You are ready to make some really cool stuff.
- Link to an online portfolio required.