Are you a curious problem solver? Do you love to learn continuously? Do you take your play as seriously as you take your work? Are you interested in being part of a team that believes in making a more beautiful and sustainable world?
We are a new Bay Area nonprofit organization dedicated to design. We are seeking a Senior Designer with a deep understanding of visual expression of brand across physical and digital mediums.
You have a high bar for design quality and strong execution of craft, and you’re a strategic creative with identity experience who’s well-versed in design principles and processes. You’re excited by the prospect of working for a fast-paced, design-centric non-profit where you’ll be asked to design and solve problems for an array of projects—from product development, email, and signage—using the highest level of insight and rigor.
As a senior creative, you contribute to the team by sharing inspiration and new ideas, working collaboratively with team members to solve design challenges through experimentation and the act of making. You’re driven to create visually compelling work grounded in strategy, and understand how visual stories and written narratives go hand in hand. You can listen with empathy, explain the “whys” behind decisions, and represent your viewpoints with compelling design. You see technical constraints as design challenges, and welcome the opportunity to use design and creativity to elevate every project—big or small—always thinking outside the box.
- Design graphics and visuals for digital platforms (i.e. website, email, social)
- Design graphics and visuals for physical touchpoints (i.e. marketing collateral, promotional materials)
- Concept and design new products and merchandise
- Design signage and wayfinding for our onsite spaces and pop-ups
- Design and contribute to our design guidelines (eg. signage and systems, iconography)
- Create high-quality work that’s on-brand and on-strategy across all project work
- Partner closely with managers and creative writers to understand strategy, business goals, timelines, planning, to inform your designs from concept to execution
- Collaborate with external agencies for special projects
- Present creative concepts and designs to cross-functional teams for review and concept ideation
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners through the implementation phase to realize design vision
- 6+ years experience working on in-house creative team, creative agency, or similar
- Strong visual portfolio and demonstrated experience of brand design across physical and digital expressions
- Strong visual design portfolio that demonstrates a meticulous sense of detail for design craft and execution across typography, color, composition, layout, and illustration work
- Demonstrates the ability to work confidently and build trusted partnerships on teams of designers, writers, project managers, and creative/marketing directors
- Ability to self-initiate and lead design projects and proactively seek out creative solutions to challenges
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Experience and knowledge working in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience and knowledge working with Figma a plus (not required)
- You are passionate about design for both physical and digital products and experiences
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture; a systematic thinker
- You are a great thought partner with the cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent and clear communicator, verbally and visually
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, flexible, and thrive working in a fast-paced environment
- You are extremely collaborative and can take and give feedback with a positive and curious attitude
What to Expect:
Salary for this position is competitive. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package for salaried employee, including, Unlimited Paid Time Off.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our organization strives to create a diverse and inclusive environment for individuals who reflect a broad spectrum of identities, including but not limited to gender, racial, ethnic, and social-economic dimensions. We aim to maintain and develop a working environment where individuals are welcomed to express their affiliations, advocacy, associations, and appearance freely. We believe that inclusion of diverse perspectives is essential to achieving our long-term vision and mission. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans in occupations or positions where they are underrepresented to apply. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, and you would like to self-identify, you are encouraged to do so in your application. This is optional and not required.
Our organization is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not allow the discrimination against an applicant or employee based on the basis of race, creed, religion, disability, color, national origin, age, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, nationality, national origin, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you need assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us.
How to Apply:
As will be announced shortly, we are a new nonprofit, currently headquartered in the North Bay, with additional Bay Area locations under development. Since we are not yet public, this is a two-step application process. After your application is received, if it seems you are a possible fit, we will email you a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) to sign and return. Then, we'll provide further details on our organization and setup an interview.