Confidential is a digital media organization preparing to launch in the near future. We’re a newsroom of top-flight reporters, data experts, visual journalists and editors working in collaboration to deliver an interconnected news experience. We plan to create a new, interconnected style of journalism that helps engaged and influential audiences better understand the complex stories that matter most.
We are in search of a stellar Full Stack Developer to support our Product & Editorial teams in building out custom tools that allow our teams to share rich and insightful news content. Must have experience in AWS Serverless Stack, Web Application Development, Task Job Automation, and Build Automation and Optimization. Experience with Test Driven Development is Preferred. The full stack developer should be able to quickly learn and utilize new technologies and be a source of ideas on how emerging technologies that can help the business.
The Full Stack Developer will be responsible for communicating technical concepts to a wide variety of people of varying technical ability and knowledge including, other Development Team members, Product Managers, Senior Managers, customer representatives, and suppliers.
Must be Proficient In:
- React / Node.js (Front and Backend)
- Python (Backend)
- Full Stack Development:
- Solid front-end development skills. Can feel comfortable taking design mockups and user stories and turning them into functional UI’s
- Solid API Development, using layer abstraction and multi-tiered architecture patterns. Has experience with consuming third-party API’s and well and building Restful Endpoints
- Good data modeling, optimization, and transformation skills
- Dynamo DB, Elastic Beanstalk, Amplify, RDS, Redshift, EC2, Linux, ECS (Elastic Container Services), S3 Storage
- Support infrastructure that will be required to host Editorial’s Custom Content.
- Knowledge developing on the AWS and Google Firebase technology stacks
- Fastly/Akami CDN – for all content being delivered outside of arch
- Competitive salary
- Automatic 5% Employer Contribution to 401(k)
- Medical, Vision, and Dental with a fully covered medical plan for families
- Vacation package + 10 sick days + company holidays
- Monthly cellphone, gym, and commuter stipend
- 3 months fully paid family leave
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Access to mental health resources