What are we looking for?
Conductor is seeking a seasoned, product-minded software engineer with low-latency distributed systems experience to power our real-time web monitoring SaaS platform checking hundreds of millions of URLs 24x7. The individual will play a pivotal role in the design, development and maintenance of our web monitoring platform. We are looking for a candidate who possesses a strong delivery- and problem-solving mindset as well as a can-do attitude to shape the future of our data infrastructure. The individual will be working with a stack of technologies, such as php 8, Rabbitmq, Elastic, MySQL, and Redis, among others.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager of our Web Monitoring pillar, the individual will -
- Collaborate with application developers, infrastructure experts and other stakeholders to gather requirements, design and implement solutions that meet business needs and execute on the enterprise strategy.
- Develop, maintain, and test our advanced crawling systems ensuring low-latency, high availability and cost efficiency.
- Design, implement, and review technical RFCs and solutions.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, standards, best practices and emerging technologies to continuously improve our systems.
- Appreciate working across stacks in an organization without silos
- be motivated to understand the challenges in the SEO space, has a passion for solving problems and not just delivering features
- Influence strategic thinking across the team. Advocates for best practices, investigates new technologies and mentors other engineers.
The successful candidate must thrive in ambiguity with a strong decision-making capability along with a sense of accountability, having a collaborative and supportive attitude. The candidate must have a passion to solve hard problems with technical expertise and a growth-mindset, using strong engineering rigor and data-driven operational skills to drive the desired outcomes across global teams.
Who you are
- A hands-on php 8 engineer with 6+ years experience in building scalable and secure distributed systems powering 24x7 uninterrupted operations.
- Understanding of the HTTP protocol.
- Multi-year experience with Elastic and Rabbitmq or similar technologies.
- Strong understanding of modern distributed systems practices.
- Experienced with relational and non-relational databases.
- Proficiency with solution discovery and delivery using rapid prototyping, experimentation and iterative development.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills – can communicate clear technical solutions to complex problems to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with AWS is not required but would be considered a plus.
Why You Should Join
Conductor is a People-First and Customer-First company. We are looking for engaged and passionate technology leaders that can raise the bar. We have built a highly collaborative culture of technical excellence with tremendous opportunity to have an immediate impact in the day-to-day life of our employees and customers and drive the company's success and growth. We all share the same values, innovate, and motivate each other to attain ambitious goals, and celebrate each other’s success.
We are made up of a diverse group of people from all backgrounds. Wherever you are from, you will find a common ground here to accelerate your career and make a difference in the organic marketing industry.
Conductor, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Conductor’s search and content intelligence platform helps marketers create and optimize content to improve visibility online.
The technology generates customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts.
In addition to its SaaS platform, Conductor offers a suite of services and support including site audits, site migrations, and managed services that empower in-house marketing teams and digital marketing agencies to drive results and put their customers' needs first.
Conductor's forward-thinking customers include leading global and emerging enterprise brands.