It’s an exciting time to join Conductor as we recently raised $150 million at a $525 million valuation to build out our technology and acquired "ContentKing" - the world’s first real-time website auditing and monitoring platform.
Marketers use our software and services to create and optimize valuable content so that it gets found, answers questions, and solves problems for real people. Conductor was named Top in the Forrester Wave for SEO platforms and is rated #1 on TrustRadius and G2Crowd by enterprise marketers. For more information, visit Conductor.com.
At Conductor, we're building amazing tech, bringing together the best marketing minds out there. It’s our focus on people and our mission that has led to being Crain's "Best Place to Work" 9 years in a row.
As Conductor’s in-house Marketing Copywriter, you’ll create and edit compelling copy that drives engagement. You’ll focus primarily on short-form copy including emails, social messaging, ads, campaign slogans and comics and at times blog posts, website copy, sales communications, presentations, creative video scripts and much more.
- Develop creative, engaging, and effective marketing copy
- Review copy with a discerning eye, editing or rewriting as needed
- Test, report on, and improve your content’s impact
- Keep up with the marketing industry and deeply understand Conductor’s market position and value
- Coach and help internal teams with writing best practices
- Write and edit copy to be consistent with brand guidelines
- Be flexible – we’re a start up, and we all wear different hats!
- You’re a great writer. You understand that content should be purposeful and succinct, even when dealing with complex subjects. You write clearly and effectively and avoid fluff and jargon.
- You’re creative. You are able to take business concepts and make them clear and compelling. You come up with sharp copy and fun ideas that drive results.
- You spend time wisely. No matter the tasks, you are able to manage your own time and stay organized. We can always count on you to meet pressing deadlines.
- You’re flexible. You can shift your writing voice to resonate with different audiences. You’re not fixed to a particular tone or style.
- You’re data and response driven. You analyze the performance of past copy to improve future copy. You like to run experiments and test new ideas. You don’t determine what worked and what didn’t by instinct -- you have the metrics to prove it.
- You love to help people. You’re a team player, and you’re always thinking about new ways you can support your team and contribute to big-picture goals. You’re a good coach and teacher to those around you.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of copywriting/copy editing experience.
- You are able to work from our midtown Manhattan office.
- You have a 4-year BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- SaaS B2B experience preferred
- An understanding of SEO highly desirable
Please share a sample or portfolio of your work including individual executions, integrated campaigns as well as any case studies/summary results of campaign activities and outcomes. Please provide us with a link and include it in your application.
Please do not, without proper consent, share or disclose to Conductor any confidential or proprietary information that you may have obtained in connection with employment with any other employer, or which may be considered the Work Product of any other individual or entity.
Conductor LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Bringing in diverse perspectives and challenging our assumptions is the clear key to growth; it drives innovation, creativity, faster problem-solving, and stronger decision making. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, train, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Conductor does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. In addition, it is the policy of Conductor to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works.