At Conductor, we believe a great company has a positive impact in the world, and on the people who build it. Therefore, we have two missions:
- Customer-First - Transform marketing into a force for improving people’s lives.
- People-First - Transform the workplace into a force that helps people grow.
For us, success is improving the lives of all the people in our orbit — our customers, our customers’ customers, our employee-owners, and our communities. We believe putting customers first is a better way to do marketing, for you and for your customers. When you create valuable, relevant content, you win new customers and help people. We're leading a movement to humanize marketing.
Marketers use our software and services to create and optimize valuable content so that it gets found, answers questions, and solves problems for real people. Conductor was named Top in the Forrester Wave for SEO platforms and is rated #1 on TrustRadius and G2Crowd by enterprise marketers. For more information, visit conductor.com.
At Conductor, we're building amazing tech, bringing together the best marketing minds out there. It’s our focus on people and our mission that has led to being Crain's "Best Place to Work" 9 years in a row.
As Conductor’s in-house Marketing Copywriter, you’ll create and edit compelling copy that drives engagement. You’ll focus primarily on short-form copy including emails, social messaging, ads, campaign slogans and comics and at times blog posts, website copy, sales communications, presentations, creative video scripts and much more.
- Develop creative, engaging, and effective marketing copy
- Review copy with a discerning eye, editing or rewriting as needed
- Test, report on, and improve your content’s impact
- Keep up with the marketing industry and deeply understand Conductor’s market position and value
- Coach and help internal teams with writing best practices
- Write and edit copy to be consistent with brand guidelines
- Be flexible – we’re a start up, and we all wear different hats!
- You’re a great writer. You understand that content should be purposeful and succinct, even when dealing with complex subjects. You write clearly and effectively and avoid fluff and jargon.
- You’re creative. You are able to take business concepts and make them clear and compelling. You come up with sharp copy and fun ideas that drive results.
- You spend time wisely. No matter the tasks, you are able to manage your own time and stay organized. We can always count on you to meet pressing deadlines.
- You’re flexible. You can shift your writing voice to resonate with different audiences. You’re not fixed to a particular tone or style.
- You’re data and response driven. You analyze the performance of past copy to improve future copy. You like to run experiments and test new ideas. You don’t determine what worked and what didn’t by instinct -- you have the metrics to prove it.
- You love to help people. You’re a team player, and you’re always thinking about new ways you can support your team and contribute to big-picture goals. You’re a good coach and teacher to those around you.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of copywriting/copy editing experience.
- You are able to work from our midtown Manhattan office.
- You have a 4-year BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- SaaS B2B experience preferred
- An understanding of SEO highly desirable
Please share a sample or portfolio of your work including individual executions, integrated campaigns as well as any case studies/summary results of campaign activities and outcomes. Please provide us with a link and include it in your application.
Please do not, without proper consent, share or disclose to Conductor any confidential or proprietary information that you may have obtained in connection with employment with any other employer, or which may be considered the Work Product of any other individual or entity.
Conductor is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.