The Chief of Staff to the CEO plays a key leadership role in acting on the CEO’s behalf in driving a strong, cross-departmental culture of accountability, execution, and delivery across the organization. The Chief of Staff will navigate complex & sensitive situations, both internally and externally focused topics, balance progress on long-term projects, with the urgency of immediate operational demands. This role will drive efficiency by organizing and prioritizing critical issues and fostering a mindset that values outcomes and results over activities.
Crucial to this role is the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Equally important is strong business acumen, strong written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and project management.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate with CEO to ensure weekly priorities are set and maintained, including working with Administrative assistant to adjust schedules and meetings to protect priorities
- Attend meetings, capture major take-a ways, work with the executive team to ensure follow up and monitor progress/achievement and mitigate risk.
- Manage weekly executive meeting including agenda and reporting prep, and follow-ups
- Project manage, report on and drive cross-team initiatives and/or projects and bring together important stakeholders to help drive decisions
- Lead and organize event and meeting preparation and ensure action items from meetings are executed. Prepare CEO for upcoming meetings by ensuring they have all the necessary information needed.
- Build strong relationships across the organization to enable strong collaboration and an ability to solve complex problems when necessary
- Partner with COO to ensure successful completion of annual strategic planning efforts by coordinating with leadership team
- Partner with COO on preparation and execution of quarterly business review (QBR’s) and work with executive team to ensure reporting completion and collaboration
- Track progress against executive team objectives and flag status issues to executive leadership when there is impact to company objectives
- Serve as a proxy for the CEO, as necessary, in meetings to maximize bandwidth
- Serve as a trusted strategic advisor and sounding board in assessing strategic and tactical opportunities to the CEO
- Work with appropriate stakeholders, including outside parties, to undertake analysis, prepare findings for management and leadership teams (or Board) as appropriate.
- Partner with the CEO to craft effective internal and external communications – including but not limited to weekly leadership emails, all-team presentations, board decks, customer pitches, external events
- Present timely work-in-progress updates to the executive management team via email updates and weekly executive cadence meetings.
- Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with Conductor core competencies.
- At least 5 years’ experience in consulting, business program management, business operations, sales lead, and/or finance role.
- At least 3 years’ people management experience
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to “lead through influence”
- Outstanding organization, planning, project management, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to foster communication, collaboration and alignment across Executive teams
- Sense of urgency with pragmatic approach
- Ability to multi-task and tenacity to drive deliverables across the company
- Bias towards action and sense of urgency
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Strong business acumen with the ability to provide input and insight into new ideas or ways of thinking
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Must be highly flexible and agile, working in a dynamic, fast growing organization
- Demonstrated track record as a strong collaborator who seeks to understand cross-functional viewpoints and individual business unit goals
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field. MBA a plus but not required
- In office presence – Hybrid schedule (3 days a week)