The Chief of Staff to the CEO plays a key leadership role in acting on the CEO’s behalf in driving a strong, cross-departmental culture of accountability, execution, and delivery across the organization. The Chief of Staff will navigate complex & sensitive situations, both internally and externally focused topics, balance progress on long-term projects, with the urgency of immediate operational demands. This role will drive efficiency by organizing and prioritizing critical issues and fostering a mindset that values outcomes and results over activities.
Crucial to this role is the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Equally important is strong business acumen, strong written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and project management.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate with CEO to ensure weekly priorities are set and maintained, including working with Administrative assistant to adjust schedules and meetings to protect priorities
- Attend meetings, capture major take-a ways, work with the executive team to ensure follow up and monitor progress/achievement and mitigate risk.
- Manage weekly executive meeting including agenda and reporting prep, and follow-ups
- Project manage, report on and drive cross-team initiatives and/or projects and bring together important stakeholders to help drive decisions
- Lead and organize event and meeting preparation and ensure action items from meetings are executed. Prepare CEO for upcoming meetings by ensuring they have all the necessary information needed.
- Build strong relationships across the organization to enable strong collaboration and an ability to solve complex problems when necessary
- Partner with COO to ensure successful completion of annual strategic planning efforts by coordinating with leadership team
- Partner with COO on preparation and execution of quarterly business review (QBR’s) and work with executive team to ensure reporting completion and collaboration
- Track progress against executive team objectives and flag status issues to executive leadership when there is impact to company objectives
- Serve as a proxy for the CEO, as necessary, in meetings to maximize bandwidth
- Serve as a trusted strategic advisor and sounding board in assessing strategic and tactical opportunities to the CEO
- Work with appropriate stakeholders, including outside parties, to undertake analysis, prepare findings for management and leadership teams (or Board) as appropriate.
- Partner with the CEO to craft effective internal and external communications – including but not limited to weekly leadership emails, all-team presentations, board decks, customer pitches, external events
- Present timely work-in-progress updates to the executive management team via email updates and weekly executive cadence meetings.
- Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with Conductor core competencies.
- At least 5 years’ experience in consulting, business program management, business operations, sales lead, and/or finance role.
- At least 3 years’ people management experience
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to “lead through influence”
- Outstanding organization, planning, project management, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to foster communication, collaboration and alignment across Executive teams
- Sense of urgency with pragmatic approach
- Ability to multi-task and tenacity to drive deliverables across the company
- Bias towards action and sense of urgency
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Strong business acumen with the ability to provide input and insight into new ideas or ways of thinking
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Must be highly flexible and agile, working in a dynamic, fast growing organization
- Demonstrated track record as a strong collaborator who seeks to understand cross-functional viewpoints and individual business unit goals
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field. MBA a plus but not required
- In office presence – Hybrid schedule (3 days a week)
Conductor is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.