DevOps means many things to many people, but here at Conductor you’re the soul of the technology organization – you build the infrastructural software that makes our applications scale, are an instrumentation junkie, and possess what many consider a freakish desire to debug – if you can’t understand the problem by reading the source code, it’s not a problem worth solving. You are calm in a crisis, careful with your code, and derive joy from humming, efficient engineering pipelines.
We’ve got more than 500 virtualized servers spread out over three AWS regions, fronting more than a dozen different storage, caching layers, and service technologies. The engineers in DevOps monitor our production environment for failures, advise other teams on how to build highly available architectures, and spend your days contributing code to our infrastructural services, and configuration tools.
What you will do:
- You’ll design, build, and maintain infrastructural services used by Conductor’s applications.
- Many of our tools are written in Go. You needn’t know it coming in but expect to learn it – you’ll be building and maintaining tools that make Conductor’s software development process more efficient, simpler, and faster.
- You’ll develop monitors and build alerts around error conditions and performance. You’ll seek root causes should problems arise.
- You’ll work with our developers to deliver their applications to production- whether in our Kubernetes cluster or in traditional autoscaling groups.
What you need to know:
- Experience provisioning virtual systems programmatically is required.
- Amazon Web Services experience is a major plus, but we’re fine with any stack provider – even bare metal – as long as you interacted with it using an API.
- Experience with MySQL is required.
- Experience managing Linux systems is required.
- Experience with HDFS, or Hbase is a major plus.
- You’re comfortable with docker or another container technology
Conductor is the world's leading organic marketing company. Our content intelligence platform, Conductor Searchlight, generates customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI.
Conductor's technology enables marketers to understand their prospective customers' intent by revealing the trends and topics they are searching for at every phase of the purchase process. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to continuously measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts. Conductor's forward-thinking customers include global brands like Citibank and FedEx, emerging leaders like Birchbox and JustFab, and leading agencies like iProspect and Acronym.
Conductor was ranked #38 by Inc. Magazine in its Fastest Growing Private Companies list, and has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in America for six years running.