Role: Clinical Coordinator
Concert Health was founded in 2016 to re-architect the United States’ $200B behavioral health system, in which tens of millions of Americans suffering from behavioral health conditions lack access to high quality care.
In 2017, CMS approved Medicare reimbursement codes for services provided to patients with behavioral health disorders receiving psychiatric collaborative care programs or receiving behavioral health integration. Many Medicaid Advantage and Commercial plans and Medicaid Agencies in Arizona and New York were quick to follow suit.
Led by co-founders Spencer Hutchins and Virna Little and backed by prominent VCs including Healthy Ventures, ClearVision Equity Partners and Town Hall Ventures, Concert’s medical group helps doctors, mostly Primary Care, deliver exceptional, reimbursable integrated behavioral health services to their patients. Concert employs remote care managers and psychiatric consultants and provides enabling technology to help them identify and treat patients using an evidence-based program called Collaborative Care Management.
The Concert model leans heavily on the strong research base that demonstrates Concert’s protocols outperform the standard of care. With over 600, and counting, Primary Care & OB GYN provider partners and a presence in California, Arizona, New York and Connecticut, Concert and their partners are excited by the possibility of better serving their patients, while being reimbursed for the care they provide.
The Network Coordinator will help maximize our existing partnerships with primary care practices and ensure that enrolled practices are reaching both engagement targets and clinical outcomes. Reporting to the Arizona Regional Director and coordinating with the Head of Client Success, this individual will be responsible for providing top notch customer experiences and increasing traction within existing provider partners. This individual will manage provider referrals, outcome data, and act as a liaison. He or she will work with Primary Care & OB-GYN providers contracted with Concert Health and the clinical team that serves them to ensure that all practices meet established engagement and clinical benchmarks.
- Working closely with the Arizona Regional Director and the Concert Health Operations team to manage practices, referrals, and the data that comes with them
- Training external stakeholders on best practices around Collaborative Care implementation
- Efficiently managing time to focus on essential activities to ensure customer satisfaction and their success with Concert Health
- Proactively identifying and resolving issues that could affect customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Optimizing customer accounts by improving adoption, engagement, and overall realized value through various engagement strategies in coordination with Client Success team
- Increasing the value of his or her book of business by making recommendations to customers on different ways to increase adoption and referral paths
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to optimize the onboarding process and facilitate a strong customer journey from implementation to value-aligned customer
- Master’s degree in counseling, social work, or psychology required
- Arizona license required
- Experience in account management or management experience in a healthcare environment
- Top notch customer service skills
- Stellar communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and a quick, curious learner
- Ability to work across various technology platforms, including primary care EMR/EHRs and Salesforce
- Ability to think on your feet and thrive in a dynamic, start-up environment
- Proven track record of successfully driving growth with sophisticated customers
- Project Management experience a plus