Concert Health is a rapidly growing, behavioral healthcare services organization. The team includes experienced entrepreneurs, nationally recognized clinical pioneers and top flight health-tech investors including Healthy Ventures, Town Hall Ventures, Vertical Venture Partners, and Edward Bergmark.
Concert provides behavioral health services to primary care organizations using an evidence-based model, Collaborative Care. The organization employs a growing team of talented, mission-driven clinicians, empowered by a modern technology platform. Collaborative Care has been shown to be effective, and is supported by Medicare, most commercial health plans, and Medicaid in many states. You can learn more about the model here.
We're looking for a talented Head of Patient Engagement to scale a team responsible for communicating with thousands of people daily who could benefit from behavioral health support.
- Take ownership and scale an out-bound remote patient team (currently ~4 people)
- Oversee a team that provides outreach and engages patients into Concert Health’s services:
- Calling and engaging the patient on behalf of their primary care physician or practice
- Using behavioral health screening tools such as the PHQ9 or GAD 7
- Initiating care for those patients that meet criteria, including goal setting and scheduling with a Concert Health care manager who will provide ongoing care for that patient
- Accurately running a verification of benefits, explaining any patient payment responsibilities, and explaining the value of our services
- You will identify the skills and attributes required to excel as a Concert Health Engagement Specialist, and work closely to source, hire, onboard and train a growing, high-performance team
- Continuous learning: Identify opportunities to improve our processes and outcomes at every step of the early-patient journey
- Productize: you will be act as a partner to Concert’s Product team to build systems and processes to automate elements of the care, and increasingly utilize other methods such as (e.g. messaging, emails, EHR integration, patient self-service tools) in addition to the core outbound call center capability.
- Past success delivering against high performance targets. You have shown that you can own a
goal and get there in complex environments
- Demonstrated success starting and building programs with a focus on customer satisfaction
- Background working with patients and health care providers. You can speak the language and
earn credibility with providers and their teams (both clinical and non).
- BSN, MSW or other clinical degree preferred, MBA or MPH considered
- Experience with remote patient care or population health program management
- Ability to use, analyze and incorporate data for operational improvement. You will be comfortable
using and improving Concert dashboards, and will use data to drive decisions on time
allocation, priorities, and forecasting
- Solid understanding of connected technologies such as electronic health records, care
management /population health platforms and call center technology
- Ability to travel and work at multiple locations depending on business need
- Ability to work remotely and lead a distributed team
- Preferred locations are where our team already is: San Diego, Phoenix, South Carolina, NY. But open to totally remote/other locations