Concert Health is a rapidly growing, behavioral healthcare services organization. The team includes experienced entrepreneurs, nationally recognized clinical pioneers and top flight health-tech investors including Healthy Ventures, Town Hall Ventures, Vertical Venture Partners, and Edward Bergmark.
Concert provides behavioral health services to primary care organizations using an evidence-based model, Collaborative Care. The organization employs a growing team of talented, mission-driven clinicians, empowered by a modern technology platform and operating model.
Collaborative Care has been shown to be effective, and is supported by Medicare, most commercial health plans, and Medicaid in many states. You can learn more about the model here.
We're looking for a talented Head of Talent to help us transform this industry. Given the emphasis on working with our clinical team, we strongly prefer candidates with healthcare experience.
How you’ll help us deliver against our three core values
- Rigor: Our clinical protocol’s foundations are data-driven, and outcome-focused. We’ll need all aspects of Talent (sourcing, interviewing, on-boarding, and professional development) to follow suit.
- Service: Our Clinical team’s focus is serving the patients we work with, and the doctors who ask us to join their team (our customers). The rest of our organization’s overriding priority is to serve our clinicians. The Talent team needs to be laser-focused on building and supporting that team of amazing professionals to do their best work.
- Trust: A core part of our operating model is growing a high performing, largely geographically distributed team. We need to build the systems, processes & culture that supports and respects that organizational reality and our team’s autonomy.
This is a full time role with an immediate start date. Preferred locations: NY, CA, AZ, CT, SC, WA, but open to remote! Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience, including salary, benefits, and equity.
- Own Concert Health’s Talent Pipeline with a particular focus on clinical recruiting, on-boarding, training and performance management
- Build a scalable recruiting operation to identify, hire, train, deploy & onboard outstanding licensed mental health professionals (e.g., social workers, counselors, MD’s, nurse practitioners). Ensure this high-volume recruiting process lives our values -- quickly and professionally declining candidates that aren’t a good fit, while inspiring and challenging those that can help us transform an industry
- Develop standard processes and materials to train and support Concert’s managers as they participate in our recruiting process. Specifically, create and maintain training, processes and documentation that support a fair, transparent, standardized recruiting process that produces high quality new hires.
- Create and manage a student internship program and campus recruiting strategy to serve as a pipeline for future employees
- Position Concert as the employer of choice for great clinicians. Master and sell the Concert Health story.
- Keep a pulse on Concert’s business needs and thoughtfully incorporate feedback to refine our talent acquisition and performance management strategy
- Help operationalize & systematize a world-class clinical training program developed by our clinical leadership -- both at the time of onboarding and throughout people’s time at Concert
- Manage and refine a performance management process that is rigorous, transparent, and focused on continuous improvement
- Help build a compelling value proposition for our team, including salary ranges, benefits packages, and career opportunities
- Oversee tactical human resource items such as policies and procedures, payroll, benefits, 401(k) program, etc.
- Are service driven: you enjoy being “of service” to your team, your manager, and the clinicians you serve.
- Are a builder: You enjoy a challenge and are not intimidated by a problem that’s new to you, regardless of the resources available to you to solve it. You enjoy a “roll up your sleeves” environment.
- Are an expert communicator and relationship-builder: in-person, on the phone, or over email, you enjoy talking to people and they enjoy talking to you. Your communication and relationship-building skills extend across all levels of candidates and stakeholders.
- Move fast and are resourceful. You thrive in fast-paced environments and have experience and proven ability to prioritize as needed while handling multiple time-sensitive projects. You pride yourself on your organizational and project management skills, using creative problem-solving skills, and an ability to act independently to drive results
- Have high integrity: This role will be given autonomy to build enormously important core infrastructure of our organization & culture. You must have high integrity and ability to practice confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Are data-driven and detail-oriented: you rely on data to make decisions, and believe that measuring outcomes drives results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute on a high quality / high volume recruiting strategy. We have a strong preference for someone with experience working with clinicians!
- Demonstrated ability developing and executing performance management and training programs, preferably in a start-up environment
- A successful track record of exceeding expectations and returning strong results both personally and academically/professionally
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5-7 years of relevant experience
- (Ideally) In addition to deep experience in talent acquisition and talent management, exposure to and proficiency in core HR disciplines such as employee relations, compensation and rewards, payroll and benefits administration
- (Ideally) A history of building high performing, cohesive, engaged remote teams -- and/or a strong hypothesis on how to do so and a passion for exploring this dimension of building Concert
- (Ideally) Experience recruiting and managing a small team