Technology / Product Lead
Concert Health is a rapidly growing, digitaly native healthcare services organization. The team includes experienced entrepreneurs, nationally recognized clinical pioneers and top flight health-tech investors including Healthy Ventures, Town Hall Ventures and Edward Bergmark.
We are signing customers and hiring phenomenal clinicians faster than we can keep up with. To extend our quality while scaling, we need an exceptional product-minded technology leader to serve as a critical early executive on our growing team
What we do
Concert Health aims to re-architect America’s flailing $200B behavioral health system.
To do so, we have built a medical group that helps doctors (mostly primary care) deliver exceptional, integrated behavioral health services to their patients. We provide physician partners with a comprehensive Collaborative Care solution -- remote therapist care managers, psychiatric consultants and technology -- to help identify and treat their patients dealing with a panoply of behavioral health diagnoses. We’ve done this just in time to take advantage of new CoCM benefit covered by Medicare, most commercial health & Medicaid plans.
They are the conductor. We help fill out their orchestra.
How you’ll help us deliver against our three core values
- Rigor: By helping us build infrastructure and processes to track outcomes that matter for our patients, our partners, and our business. And then building a roadmap and driving our culture to deliver continual improvement against those metrics
- Service: Our Clinical teams focus is on service to the patients we work with, and the doctors who ask us to join their team (our customers). The rest of our organization’s overriding priority is on serving those clinicians, particularly the Behavioral Care Managers that make up the bulk of our team. Our product and technology teams work in service of their great work
- Trust: We want to build flexible, adaptable systems that empower our team to do great work and achieve great outcomes
Start date: ASAP
Location: San Diego HQ. Open to remote team
Compensation: Salary, benefits, Stock Options
- Serve as an effective champion for the working experience of our top performing clinicians. Spend meaningful time speaking with and observing them, and ensure our systems make them better clinicians and able to focus their time on high impact work, not administrative tasks or digital paperwork
- Own technology and product roadmap, including
- Make critical architectural decisions, such as whether we continue to lean into Salesforce & Talk Desk as the core engine of our Care Managers workflows
- When and how we integrated with the Electronic Health Records of our partners to streamline our workflow
- Slay (or more accurately, minimize) the low-value and demotivating administrative overhead that we currently hoist upon our clinical team
- Systematize our best clinical practices so that we can scale quickly while extending quality
- Take organizational wide ownership for Concert Health’s technology platform and external technology relationships (e.g. Salesforce, EHRs, TalkDesk)
- Serving as one of our first technical hires, helping to span the gamut from Strategic to minutia. You will make large strategic technology decisions, fix bugs, and oversee the admin / IT Help Desk for silly trivial issues that will use 1/ten thousandth of your brain power, but help make or break our early operations
- Serve as the senior leader of the company, with the expectation that we will grow the product, design, and technology teams under your supervision and direction.
Successful Applicants will Have:
- Growth Mindset: We have strong early signs our operating model is succeeding clinically and commercially. We need someone who is passionate about leaning into that growth and helping us quickly move to 10 and 100 times the scale we currently operate at
- Product Vision: Spencer at his core does strategy, team building and sales. You will have to eclipse his vision on what is possible to do with our platform, and be far more detail oriented on how to prioritize and deliver for our team. Virna is better than the best at building and delivering high impact clinical services, but has lived in the belly of the beast of health care too long to realize how un-terrible Health IT can be. You will need to delight her and her team -- and ensure they don’t put up with more crap workflow than they should
- Technical Chops: Concert Health will rely on you for all critical technology decisions. It will rely on you to make major architectural decisions, deliver production ready technology, and decide when to build vs. buy. You don’t have to be our best coder, but you’ll have to hire her and make the final technical decisions
- EHR Fluency -- our team works across our technology platform plus our partner’s EHRs, now numbering close to 10. You’ll be able to help us optimize our operations across this “ugly duckling” phase and form and execute on plans to deepen integrations. For the right candidate this could be learned vs. already full developed
- Team Development: The right candidate will be able to attract, recruit, train and inspire a world-class team prepared to leave Behavioral Health in America better than we found it -- and be comfortable executing early on with limited resources (i.e., small team)
- Execution: This is a company and an era that requires doing. We need someone who has a demonstrated get shit done track record and mentality. We solve problems quickly, with low/no resources and we build the care while we’re driving the car
- Experience: Demonstrated track record of success in early stage health services and digital health companies. We are hiring for Technical leadership and management skills the founding team lacks. Not a lot of internal mentorship or support. Glowing references from teams, customers and peers a must
And Receive Bonus Points For:
- Experience with utilizing and developing on Salesforce Platform
- Deep expertise in HIPAA (if you don’t have it, you’re gonna have to learn it)
- Specific understanding of clinical pathways and company landscape in behavioral health
- Deep medical group and health system relationships. Help us sell!