Concert Health is a rapidly growing, digitally native healthcare services organization. The team includes experienced entrepreneurs, nationally recognized clinical pioneers and top flight health-tech investors including Healthy Ventures, Town Hall Ventures and Edward Bergmark.
We are signing customers and hiring phenomenal clinicians faster than we can keep up with. To extend our quality while scaling, we need an exceptional people leader to serve as a critical early executive on our growing team
What we do
Concert Health aims to re-architect America’s flailing $200B behavioral health system. Even spending all that money, this nation leaves tens of millions of Americans suffering from behavioral health conditions without access to high quality care. Even inside Concert Health’s existing customer base, there are probably 20,000 people in need that we aren’t yet serving.
To fix this, we have built a medical group that helps doctors (mostly primary care) deliver exceptional, integrated behavioral health services to their patients. We provide physician partners with a remote behavioral health team that delivers an evidence based program called Collaborative Care Management. We employ exceptional, remote therapist care managers, psychiatric consultants and enabling technology to help them identify and treat patients who are dealing with a panoply of behavioral health diagnoses including depression, anxiety, and substance abuse. Our model leans heavily on the strong research base that demonstrates our protocols outperform standard of care. (You can learn more about the model here).
We see physicians as the conductor. Our team, at Concert, helps fill out their orchestra.
How you’ll help us deliver against our three core values
- Rigor: Our clinical protocol’s foundations are data-driven, and outcome-focused. We’ll need all aspects of People Operations (sourcing, interviewing, on-boarding, and professional development) to follow suit.
- Service: Our Clinical team’s focus is serving the patients we work with, and the doctors who ask us to join their team (our customers). The rest of our organization’s overriding priority is to serve our clinicians. People Operations need to be laser focused on building and supporting that team of amazing professionals to do their best work.
- Trust: A core part of our operating model is growing a high performing, largely geographically distributed team. We need to build the systems, processes & culture that supports and respects that organizational reality and our team’s autonomy.
Start date: Now
Location: Headquartered in San Diego which is preferable location, however qualified candidates considered from all locations
Compensation: Salary, benefits, stock options
- Take organizational-wide ownership for Concert Health’s People Operations, including recruiting, on-boarding, training and performance management
- Help co-founders shape values & culture organization wide
- Help us build a scalable recruiting operation to identify, hire, train, deploy & onboard outstanding licensed mental health professionals. We are already hiring several people a month. You’ll need to ensure that we have 10-20 times that capacity within 18 months
- Build a high-volume recruiting process that lives our values -- quickly and professionally declining candidates that aren’t a good fit, while inspiring and challenging those that can help us transform an industry
- Help operationalize & systematize a world-class clinical training program developed by our Clinical leadership -- both at the time of onboarding and throughout people’s time at Concert
- Build a culture that is centered on great clinical work, and creates meaningful & measurable ways to constantly improve our team -- both the minority that will want to “climb the ladder” and the majority that are excited about doing high impact work, for a fair wage, that fits into their life commitments
- Position Concert as the employer of choice for great behavioral health clinicians. Do so by ensuring we push their skills in all the important ways (patient impact), while systematically removing artificial barriers to their success (e.g. administrative burden)
- Build, manage and refine a performance management process that is rigorous, transparent, and focused on continuous improvement
- Help build a compelling value proposition for all our team, including salary ranges, benefits packages, etc.
- Be an effective champion for the working experience of our top performing clinicians. Spend meaningful time engaging with and observing them, and ensure our organization makes them better clinicians, able to focus their time on high impact work aligned with Concert Health’s values and strategy
- Oversee tactical human resource items such as payroll, health benefits, 401(k) program, etc.
Successful Applicants will Have:
- Recruiting Excellence: Demonstrated ability to develop and execute on a high quality / high volume recruiting strategy -- preferably for clinicians
- Ability to drive rapid, effective scaling: We have a moral and business imperative to grow to meet the unmet need for high quality behavioral health services. However, we don’t ‘move fast and break things.’ We work with people, many of them medically complex. And we have been invited on the care team of hundreds of Primary Care Physicians. Early and/or important mistakes will get us kicked off that team quickly. A successful candidate will have a yearning to keep the organization stretching to scale, without ever risking quality of our clinical work or our high-touch nature of our physician group partners
- High Integrity, Builder Mindset: This role will be given autonomy to build enormously important core infrastructure of our organization & culture. The right candidate will think about translating our values and integrity into every system and person in the organization
- Passion for Remote Teams: History of building high performing, cohesive, engaged remote teams -- and/or a strong hypothesis on how to do so and a passion for exploring this dimension of building our company
- Analytical Process: Concert Health highly values instrumented processes and data-driven decision making. You aren’t just “a people person.” You are a strategic and systematic doer, with a strong track record of planning, execution, measurement and improvement. We are using 10% of our ATS’s capability (Greenhouse). You’ll bring that to 80% quickly. Working backwards from impact (clinical outcomes / financial performance), we want to be rigorous in thinking about the implications up and down our talent funnel