The bigger picture.
Group Copy Supervisors understand that we all work on one very important brand: Concentric. They know that we are connected in our success and have begun to act that way. The GCS knows that there is no “us and them” in the agency—just “us.” GCS are true ambassadors of Concentric internally and externally. Their influence is felt beyond the brand team. They initiate and drive improvements that contribute to the success of their department as a whole, looking for ways to make the company a better place to work.
Learning to lead. Expanding responsibilities complement expanding skills as GCS takes on the stewardship of more than one brand and a group of people. They are the go-to creative leaders on their brands, under the GCS, running the day-to-day operations on a brand or brands. They have become indispensable to their clients and their counterparts. They produce work that wins, on existing brands and in pitches.
They are becoming adept as managers and as triad members.
- Able to lead conceptual development from beginning to end
- Able to critique work and offer effective guidance for improvement
- Can identify a good creative brief and provide relevant input
- Thinks in campaigns
- Able to multitask and oversee the quality of multiple tactical initiatives
- Contributes to brand strategy and big conceptual ideas
- Finds the right media channel for the audience and strategy
- Becomes a brand expert
- Develops innovative brand solutions
- Helps others prepare and present
- Leads by example
- Works closely with triad partners to take responsibility for day-to-day workflow
- Acts as a positive role model
- Takes responsibility for guiding the careers and enhancing performance of multiple Copywriters/Art Directors
- Not afraid to push
- Involved in interviewing
- Understands and embodies the core elements of leadership
- Helps to further department vision
- Influence is felt in other departments
- 7-10 years’ agency experience
- BA degree (Advertising, Communications, Fine Arts or related field preferred)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Macintosh hardware and software
- A proven track record of creative ability and judgment, successful client contact experience, the ability to work collaboratively with account management, excellent presentation skills, successful experience in managing copywriters and junior staff or freelancers, availability to travel and the commitment to go the extra mile in time and effort to produce the very best work