We are looking for a driven, talented Privacy and Product Counsel to join our small but mighty Legal team in the UK. At ComplyAdvantage we are building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists. ComplyAdvantage has experienced significant growth in the last year, and we are looking for someone who is interested in AI and technology, and excited about the opportunity of joining our agile Legal department.
The right applicant will understand the need to balance excellent legal analysis with a proactive, pragmatic and business-friendly approach. They will also be comfortable with change and relish the challenges of being part of a fast paced, highly data-driven digital organization. Our objective is always to fulfill our legal obligations, and we recognize that we can distinguish ourselves by achieving that goal in the smartest and most sensible way. We are looking for someone who can understand and interact with the highest levels of the organization while having a command of the technical details and legal requirements every day.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale through our propriety AI-driven technology.
In that time, we have raised over $100m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and have nearly 400 employees, with ambitious plans to get to 500 by the end of the year! We are rapidly growing and already have a client base of 500 enterprises across 75 different countries.
No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
Focus on the Team - We're Collaborative, Human, and Humble
Kaizen - We're Curious, Proactive and Agile
Deliver Results - We're Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We are looking for a Privacy and Product Counsel (approximately 6 months - 2 years PQE) to join our Legal team. You will report into the Global Head of Legal.
This is a new role for ComplyAdvantage and you have a real opportunity to make it your own! Day to day we will want you to:
- Be the first port of call for privacy matters within the Legal team, dealing with cutting edge issues on a worldwide basis.
- Develop scalable review processes for new legal developments impacting our existing products and services, for the global expansion of our existing products and services and for the launch of new products and services.
- Provide counselling and actionable advice in relation to privacy and product risks and obligations to a range of clients across the business, including Human Resources, Information and Security, Marketing, Product & Engineering, as well as coordinating and negotiating with external parties to drive high profile projects to completion.
- Help build the legal knowledge database, FAQs and training materials.
- Be an excellent communicator who understands how to manage both team and client expectations.
- Be confident in working with a large degree of autonomy.
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual who takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. You will:
- Have at least 6 months of post qualification experience in private practice, and at least 1 years work experience with global privacy laws, including experience in driving data protection and commercial contracting projects across multiple jurisdictions to completion.
- Have a strong ability to make pragmatic, commercial decisions.
- Have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and dig in on the details of projects and work well as part of a team — both with other lawyers and with non-legal partners.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to identify and do work without being instructed.
- High proficiency in English is critical.
The benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include the below;
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited annual leave
- Flexible working hours, and remote working opportunity
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Health Care Plan
- Life Insurance
- Travel season loan ticket
- Cycle to work scheme with Evans Cycles
- Training and development budget
At ComplyAdvantage diversity fuels our rocket ship and our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience drives us forward every day. We encourage everyone to apply and aspire to consider every application fairly.