What you will be doing
We are looking for driven, talented senior software engineers with knowledge of Python and object oriented programming to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solutions, which help organisations fight financial crime! We are building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists. You will join the Transaction Risk Management tribe, being involved in creating and managing world class solutions for transaction monitoring and transactions screening for our clients.
As a Senior Python Engineer, you will
- Be working alongside our ML engineers, data scientists and other software engineers within the tribe.
- Write new features that enable our platform to understand articles in the media, extract information about individuals, apply ML models to categorise their actions, and merge all this with existing data we hold. Your work will allow our customers to find out who has done something bad, what they did, and when.
- Join one of our scrum teams and help us to make the right technical and architectural decisions as we evolve and scale our systems. As a Senior Software Engineer, we will look to you to sometimes take a lead in these discussions and bring your own ideas as well as solicit and incorporate ideas from others in the team.
- Write tests, and take ownership of the systems that ensure the quality of our code.
- Coach others in the team end to end - from requirements through to production support.
As a Senior Python Engineer, you will have
- Experience writing production grade Python applications
- Awareness of a range of languages and paradigms, with the ability to coach/mentor juniors.
- Experience with high scale applications such as APIs dealing with large request volumes, or data processing pipelines
- Experience with Docker/containerisation and cloud infrastructure
- Ownership of software from idea inception to production.
- Experience working with tooling for testing, build and deployment pipelines (setting it up is a plus)
- Working understanding of logging, monitoring and alerting tooling (setting it up is a plus).
- Good communication and written skills including experience producing technical documentation.
The impact you will have
You will be one of the first hires into our US Engineering Team having the opportunity to grow the team. You will work closely with our US based Product Manager and UK based engineering teams to work on tech that enables the fight against financial crime.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale through our propriety AI-driven technology.
In that time, we have raised over $100m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and have nearly 400 employees, with ambitious plans to get to 500 by the end of the year! We are rapidly growing and already have a client base of 500 enterprises across 75 different countries.
No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
Focus on the Team - We're Collaborative, Human, and Humble
Kaizen - We're Curious, Proactive and Agile
Deliver Results - We're Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
What’s in it for you?
- The salary range for this role is $145,000 to $200,000, if your salary expectation is higher please reach out and we can discuss other possible role options
- Equity as we want you to have a part of what we are building
- Unlimited Time Off Policy- A work life balance and focus on our wellbeing are critical to keep us performing at our best.
- Hybrid working- We want you to strike a balance and be where you do your best work. You will work with your manager to agree what is best for you and your team.
- Opportunity to work on innovative projects with smart like-minded people, who are keen to share their knowledge and continuously improve
- Annual learning budget to drive your performance and career development
- Parental leave and childcare benefits
- Life Insurance to protect your loved ones
- Medical (100%), Dental (90%) and Vision(80%) contribution
- Access to retail discounts (TriNet)
- Pre-Tax transit benefits
What will happen next
- A member of the Talent Team will review your application
- You will receive a call from the Talent Team
- You will interview for the line manager for the position
- You will complete a coding exercise with the team
- You will complete a problem solving interview
- You will receive an offer
At ComplyAdvantage diversity fuels our rocket ship and our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience drives us forward every day. We encourage everyone to apply and aspire to consider every application fairly.