What you will be doing
Good data is at the heart of detecting financial crime making the Senior Data Scientist role key to our business. We are currently hiring for a number of positions across multiple squads to solve some of our most complex challenges.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will
- Work alongside our Engineering, Data Analytics and Product Teams to process huge amounts of structured and unstructured data to extract information
- Collaborate with different teams to perform cross data source analysis for better data unification
- Have a deep understanding of existing data sources, related challenges and potential improvements, developing a roadmap to improve data quality.
- Use exploratory data analysis and data mining techniques to identify actionable items for product improvement.
- Have ownership of data metrics; you will be designing data metrics for each machine learning module using business requirements and customer feedback.
- Provide data insights and powerful visualisations which will act as insights for new ideas that will be part of our product roadmap.
- Continuously research tools, technologies, frameworks and practices to ensure that we ahead of the curve
- Support and upskill more junior members of the team
As a Senior Data Scientist you will
- Possess an MSc or PhD in numerate subjects, or equivalent experience
- Have a passion for data and have previously solved complex real world problems through algorithms
- Possess the availability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with a multitude of stakeholders, sharing complex messages in an easily understandable way
- Be able to write and test code, ideally in Python
- Have experience with one of more of the following, natural language processing, entity resolution, graph theory, graph machine learning, unsupervised machine learning techniques.
- Have hands-on experience with modern machine learning frameworks such as Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, or Spark.
- Have coached or supported more junior team members
Nice to haves:
- Experience delivering machine learning solutions and integrating into data pipelines.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with Big Data platforms such as Spark.
- Willingness to undertake bespoke research and learn “on-the-job” as required.
The impact you will have
As a Senior Data Scientist you will be joining one of the fastest growing teams at ComplyAdvantage. You will have the opportunity to solve some of our biggest challenges. Through your analysis, you will help guide ComplyAdvantage so we can make financial crime a thing of the past. Your work will be key to the success of your team and you can therefore expect everyone around you to be invested in getting models to production and realising the impact of your work.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale through our propriety AI-driven technology.
In that time, we have raised over $100m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and have nearly 400 employees, with ambitious plans to get to 500 by the end of the year! We are rapidly growing and already have a client base of 500 enterprises across 75 different countries.
No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
Focus on the Team - We're Collaborative, Human, and Humble
Kaizen - We're Curious, Proactive and Agile
Deliver Results - We're Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary aligned to your skills and experience
- Equity as we want you to have a part of what we are building
- Unlimited Time Off Policy- A work life balance and focus on our wellbeing are critical to keep us performing at our best.
- Hybrid working- We want you to strike a balance and be where you do your best work. You will work with your manager to agree what is best for you and your team. You will also get an annual budget of £215 to kit out your home office
- Travel season loan ticket and cycle to work scheme, if you decide that you would like to spend more time in the office
- Opportunity to work on innovative projects with smart like-minded people, who are keen to share their knowledge and continuously improve
- £2000 annual learning budget to drive your performance and career development
- Parental leave and childcare benefits
- Private healthcare through Vitality
- Life Insurance to protect your loved ones
What will happen next
- Once your application has been submitted, a member of the Talent Team will review
- If successful, they will book you in for an initial phone interview to find out more about your skills and experience, plus give you the opportunity to ask any questions.
- If successful, you will then be booked in for a coding and problem solving session so we can see you in action! You will meet your potential team members and also see the sort of problems that you will be solving in the role.
- If successful, you will then have a final interview with the hiring manager. They will want to find out more about you and give you all the information you need to make an informed decision.
- If successful, we will present an offer!
At ComplyAdvantage diversity fuels our rocket ship and our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience drives us forward every day. We encourage everyone to apply and aspire to consider every application fairly.