What you will be doing
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Transaction Risk Management tribe. We work cross-functionally, and you'll actively be involved in collaborating on both the design and implementation of systems that aid in the detection of financial risks. These systems require high-performance throughput for both real-time and batch processing, calling for scalability to be at the forefront of our engineering practices. You will contribute to proving outcomes that directly impact our customers and will be involved in the exploration and proposal of product features. This will require a deep understanding of how we deliver iterative value while maintaining a high level of quality.
As an Engineering Manager, you will
- Report to the Director of Engineering, and will work with the other Engineering Managers in the tribe. Working as a group, you will own cross-team initiatives and improvements.
- Take the lead on the growth and development of your team
- Be a major player in recruitment planning and hiring for your team/tribe
- Be accountable for tech direction and tech decisions in your team
- Take accountability for product deliverables against agreed roadmap with your product counterpart
- Be responsible for creating a positive environment where your team members thrive to deliver best outcomes and innovations
As an Engineering Manager, you will have
- Managed and scaled a high performing engineering team
- Solid knowledge of engineering best practice, including architecture and testing
- In depth experience with an OOP language. Experience/knowledge of Python or Java
- Experience working in a shared services architecture
- Experience of working with relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle).
- Experience of AWS desirable, experience of Docker/Kubernetes good to have
- Experience working with product and commercial organisations
- Good communication and writing skills including experience writing technical documentation
The impact you will have
You will lead our first Engineering Team based out of the US. This is a great opportunity to trailblaze across a rapidly growing organisation.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale through our propriety AI-driven technology.
In that time, we have raised over $100m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and have nearly 400 employees, with ambitious plans to get to 500 by the end of the year! We are rapidly growing and already have a client base of 500 enterprises across 75 different countries.
No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
Focus on the Team - We're Collaborative, Human, and Humble
Kaizen - We're Curious, Proactive and Agile
Deliver Results - We're Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
What’s in it for you?
- The salary range for this role is $145,000 to $200,000, if your salary expectation is higher please reach out and we can discuss other possible role options
- Equity as we want you to have a part of what we are building
- Unlimited Time Off Policy- A work life balance and focus on our wellbeing are critical to keep us performing at our best.
- Hybrid working- We want you to strike a balance and be where you do your best work. You will work with your manager to agree what is best for you and your team.
- Opportunity to work on innovative projects with smart like-minded people, who are keen to share their knowledge and continuously improve
- Annual learning budget to drive your performance and career development
- Parental leave and childcare benefits
- Life Insurance to protect your loved ones
- Medical (100%), Dental (90%) and Vision(80%) contribution
- Access to retail discounts (TriNet)
- Pre-Tax transit benefits
What will happen next
- A member of the Talent Team will review your application
- You will receive a call from the Talent Team
- You will interview for the line manager for the position
- You will complete an interview with a member of the wider team
- You will complete a problem solving interview
- You will receive an offer
At ComplyAdvantage diversity fuels our rocket ship and our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience drives us forward every day. We encourage everyone to apply and aspire to consider every application fairly.