What you will be doing
As a Security Engineer, you will
- Create and evangelise best practice and security policies across the business.
- Build out our security operations capabilities, including automating monitoring, alerting and response, including speedy remediation and root cause analysis.
- Engaging with engineers and product owners to carry out threat modelling, privacy and security by design activities.
- Working with engineering teams to assess and manage security risk within their codebase and suggest mitigation strategies.
- Working with the Site Reliability Engineering team and the wider engineering community to build automated security assurance tools into our CI/CD pipeline.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with SOC 2, ISO 27001 and related security programmes.
As a Security Engineer you will have
- Knowledge of information/cyber security standards, e.g. SOC 2, ISO 27001, CIS Controls, CSA STAR, OWASP ASVS, BSIMM.
- Experience with securing the SDLC and CI/CD/CO pipeline.
- Solid understanding of the majority of the following technologies: Windows, Mac, Linux, containerisation, relational and NoSQL databases, SSO, DHCP, DNS, SSH, PKI.
- An aptitude for technology with previous roles working in a technical discipline, such as IT Operations, software development or network/security operations.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate complex, technical matters into plain English.
- Demonstrable ability to empathise with stakeholders to present security in a positive light.
Nice to haves
- Experience with applying formal threat modelling frameworks such as STRIDE or MITRE.
- Experience with infrastructure automation, using Terraform or similar.
- Experience with implementing Security Operations Centre infrastructure and practices.
- Experience with some of the following; Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Istio, Ambassador, Gitlab
- Software development or scripting experience using open source languages such as Python, PHP, TypeScript etc.
The impact you will have
Building a security culture, processes and tooling is a complex, multi-disciplinary challenge. The role necessitates getting involved in all areas of the business, often working with a mix of senior technical and non-technical stakeholders to establish Security Engineering as a business enabler. In essence, you will find simple solutions to security problems.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale through our propriety AI-driven technology.
In that time, we have raised over $100m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and have nearly 400 employees, with ambitious plans to get to 500 by the end of the year! We are rapidly growing and already have a client base of 500 enterprises across 75 different countries.
No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
Focus on the Team - We're Collaborative, Human, and Humble
Kaizen - We're Curious, Proactive and Agile
Deliver Results - We're Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary aligned to your skills and experience
- Equity as we want you to have a part of what we are building
- Unlimited Time Off Policy- A work life balance and focus on our wellbeing are critical to keep us performing at our best.
- Hybrid working- We want you to strike a balance and be where you do your best work. You will work with your manager to agree what is best for you and your team. You will also get an annual budget of £215 to kit out your home office
- Travel season loan ticket and cycle to work scheme, if you decide that you would like to spend more time in the office
- Opportunity to work on innovative projects with smart like-minded people, who are keen to share their knowledge and continuously improve
- £2000 annual learning budget to drive your performance and career development
- Parental leave and childcare benefits
- Private healthcare through Vitality
- Life Insurance to protect your loved ones
What will happen next
- Once your application has been submitted, a member of the Talent Team will review
- If successful, they will book you in for an initial phone interview to find out more about your skills and experience, plus give you the opportunity to ask any questions.
- If successful, you will then be booked in with the hiring manager. .
- If successful, you will then have a final interview with the hiring manager and another Director.
- If successful, we will present an offer!
At ComplyAdvantage diversity fuels our rocket ship and our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience drives us forward every day. We encourage everyone to apply and aspire to consider every application fairly.