We are looking for a driven, talented Senior SRE with extensive knowledge in Kubernetes to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solutions, which help organizations fight financial crime! We are building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists. You will be working closely with the growing Knowledge Graph Team, focused on building out the cloud infrastructure to support this project. As a member of the SRE chapter you will also work closely with other SREs across the organisation.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $88m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Ontario Teachers’, Index Ventures and Balderton Capital.
We aim to grow to over 350 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We're leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
Focus on the Team - We're Collaborative, Human, and Humble
Kaizen - We're Curious, Proactive and Agile
Deliver Results - We're Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we're committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. Our culture and working environment is second to none - Don't believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor.
As part of our SRE team in London you will be working in support of our products along with the London Lead SRE and other SREs and engineering teams based in Romania and London.
Your primary focus will be to work with our expanding Knowledge Graph team, who are building data systems to power future generations of our products.
While all our applications are deployed into Kubernetes, that’s not the only part of this role. We run our services in AWS and make heavy use of Terraform, Prometheus and Elastic stack, as well as other data systems such as Graph databases, Kafka and *SQL. The areas of responsibility covered by our SREs on a day-to-day basis include:
- Guidance and/or implementation of monitoring, logging, and alerting systems
- Assist with the improvement in scalability, availability and observability of services
- Development of CI pipelines and deployment strategies to help improve velocity and reduce change failure rate.
- Evaluation and creation of new tools and libraries for use throughout engineering.
- Work towards the wider goal of the creation of a common services platform to provide higher level services to development teams, reducing the overhead in the development of their services
With new business requirements and new tooling available, we are looking for a team member who is excited to explore new technologies and take on new challenges.
What does success look like after 3 months?
Gain a high-level understanding of:
- CA products, projects, vision and strategy
- All services and teams, including boundaries
Gain a deeper understanding of:
- AWS services we use
- Our tech stack, including filling in knowledge gaps regarding specific technologies
Take ownership of the Knowledge Graph team infrastructure, including AWS resources, Kubernetes and database systems.
Contribute meaningfully to application and data architecture discussions from a cloud infrastructure perspective.
Contribute more widely to the SRE chapter and our cloud infrastructure by using your knowledge and experience to informally assist others across the engineering team.
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Extensive experience building, managing and upgrading production Kubernetes clusters, including:
- Understanding and managing Kubernetes security concerns
- Experience working with resource limitation and scaling features
- Supporting highly available workloads (eg client facing web services) with measured performance and availability service levels
- In-depth knowledge of K8s features
- Knowledge of the overall Kubernetes ecosystem
- Extensive experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with CI tooling, including test pipelines and asset generation and publishing (eg Docker images, helm charts)
- Experience with deployment techniques and tooling
- Experience working with software engineers in designing cloud-native applications or troubleshooting them.
- Operating systems knowledge (processes, threads, concurrency)
- Experience working with Linux systems (kernel, filesystems, networking, libraries)
The benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include the below;
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- 25 days’ holiday
- Flexible working
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Health Care Plan
- Travel season loan ticket
- Cycle to work scheme with Evans Cycles
ComplyAdvantage celebrates diversity in our teams, and welcomes applications from all backgrounds. Additionally, we value potential and growth, so if you don’t feel that you fulfill all of the criteria, then you should still feel comfortable to apply and your application will be considered fairly.