We are looking for a driven, talented Senior Software Engineer to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solutions, which help organizations fight financial crime. We are building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists. You will join the Knowledge Graph team and will help develop innovative solutions to ingest, handle and link large data volumes.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $88m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Ontario Teachers’, Index Ventures and Balderton Capital.
We aim to grow to over 350 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We're leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
Focus on the Team - We're Collaborative, Human, and Humble
Kaizen - We're Curious, Proactive and Agile
Deliver Results - We're Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we're committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. Our culture and working environment is second to none - Don't believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Knowledge Graph team, where you’ll get involved in delivering the innovative Knowledge Graph platform. As a senior software engineer, you will work on critical parts of our data collection, ingestion, processing and presentation platforms, contributing to some following points:
- You will work with the team to deliver on Data Ingest pipelines - to transform, standardise and enrich various data sources into graph format to be persisted into a Graph Database.
- You will liaise with other teams in CA to build contracts/interfaces for transforming CA data into Knowledge Graph unified format, and adding KG Platform as a central layer in CA data pipelines.
- You will contribute to the design and delivery of the Entity Resolution framework, working closely with Data Scientists in the team to incorporate ML solutions into its engine.
- You will take ownership of components within the Knowledge Graph platform in production-ready standards, such as monitoring, reporting and fault tolerance.
- You will be involved in the deployment of components running in a cloud-deployed microservices architecture.
What does success look like after 3 months?
- You will have contributed to the Data Ingest pipeline, enabling us natively ingest RDF graph data.
- You will have taken ownership of components within the Knowledge Graph platform enabling us to effectively manage our “source of truth” in a graph native format.
- You will have developed a strong understanding of the underlying systems and infrastructure that support our knowledge graph platform; and will be capable of maintaining and configuring this infrastructure (K8S, Kafka, GraphDB)
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Primary coding experience in a JVM based language (Java, Kotlin), OR Python, C++, C#, .NET with a willingness to switch to JVM.
- Very good knowledge of data structures, algorithms, complexity and optimisation strategies
- An understanding of code development principles and practices, including source control, code reviews, and testing
- Experience working with and processing data
- Previous SQL/NoSQL database experience is preferred, but we are open to anyone interested in working with Graph databases
- Bachelor degree-level education in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or another relevant degree.
The benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include the below;
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- 25 days’ holiday
- Flexible working hours, and remote working opportunity
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Health Care Plan
- Travel season loan ticket
- Cycle to work scheme with Evans Cycles
ComplyAdvantage celebrates diversity in our teams, and welcomes applications from all backgrounds. Additionally, we value potential and growth, so if you don’t feel that you fulfill all of the criteria, then you should still feel comfortable to apply and your application will be considered fairly.