We are looking for an exceptional Data Analyst to join our Knowledge Graph team here in ComplyAdvantage. The focus of the team is to build out a highly connected knowledge graph representation of people, companies, events and all associated risk factors. This is used to drive product solutions targeting the discovery and reduction of financial crime.
As a Data Analyst, you'll collaborate with software engineers and product owners to create a full and transparent understanding of all the information being gathered and generated, the methods and processes to measure the quality and completeness of our knowledge base and propose new methods for raising the quality bar.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to fight financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $35m in funding, opened offices in New York, Singapore and Romania, and have grown to over 250 employees, and we're not stopping there!
We aim to grow to over 350 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 450 customers across 45 different countries. We're leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission, building our platform around AI, Machine Learning and Linked Data, meaning that our platform is unrivalled in its capabilities.
No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
Focus on the Team - We're Collaborative, Human, and Humble
Kaizen - We're Curious, Proactive and Agile
Deliver Results - We're Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we're committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. Our culture and working environment is second to none - Don't believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Knowledge Graph team, where you will work on data quality and completeness, which is an essential aspect to source data and connectivity between data and product functionality built on this data, and contributing to the points covered below;
- You will be working with the Knowledge Graph team and broader technology group to help define and automate data completeness assessment processes.
- You will be using exploratory data analysis and data mining techniques to identify actionable items for product data improvement.
- You will provide data insights and powerful visualisations based on existing data, which will act as insights for new ideas that will be part of our product roadmap.
- You will collaborate with the software engineering team to define and integrate BI solutions into our development processes and pipelines.
- You will interact with data in the Knowledge Graph as well as understanding the various data sources to perform data source analysis for better data understanding and identification of gaps in data consistency.
- Based on the outcome of your investigations, you will research and prove additional processes to monitor, validate and improve the data quality and completeness within the Knowledge Graph.
What does success look like after 12 months?
- You will have ownership of data quality and completeness within the Knowledge Graph and have helped define and implement processes to automate monitoring these quality metrics;
- You will have gained a deep understanding of the data sources used to populate the Knowledge Graph, relationships and associations between data entities, known challenges and gaps, and potential improvements have helped to develop a roadmap to improve data quality;
- You will have contributed to the identification of additional sources and processes to help fill gaps and improve quality metrics and have worked with the engineering and product teams to implement;
- You are continuously researching tools, technologies, frameworks and practices. You are able to distinguish between what is hyped and what is valuable, and you have pertinent arguments in favor of your proposals.
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an positive working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Strong understanding of data analysis principles, tools and processes
- Experience of statistical data analysis and visual analytics
- Experience of working with large scale databases/analysing complete data
- Proficient in scripting languages (R, Python etc.)
- Good understanding of data-oriented product life-cycle
- Experience working with visualization libraries is a plus.
This role will be working with structured and highly connected data. You will be exposed to (and required to learn about) graph oriented data principles such as RDF and ontologies. You will also be required to bring data to life through visualisations. We consider that skills in these areas can be learnt as part of the job and hence are not requirements.
The benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include the below;
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- 25 days’ holiday
- Flexible working hours, and remote working opportunities
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Health Care Plan
- Travel season loan ticket
- Cycle to work scheme with Evans Cycles
ComplyAdvantage celebrates diversity in our teams, and welcomes applications for all backgrounds.