We are looking for a driven, talented open source data collection specialist with interest in data harvesting and managing the data flow. We are a SaaS-based anti-money laundering solution provider dedicated to help organizations fight financial crime! We are building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists. You will join the Data Team, being involved in collecting and reviewing the accuracy of specific data sets.
The position offered is project-based, for a fixed term of 6 months, with the possibility of extension. At the end of the period, you may be offered a permanent role.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $88m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Ontario Teachers’, Index Ventures and Balderton Capital.
We aim to grow to over 350 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We're leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
Focus on the Team - We're Collaborative, Human, and Humble
Kaizen - We're Curious, Proactive and Agile
Deliver Results - We're Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we're committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. Our culture and working environment is second to none - Don't believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor
We are looking for a Data Strategist to join our Data team. You’ll get involved in collecting and reviewing the accuracy of specific data sets.
- Dealing with a large database (with a fast pace of updating) you will be mainly focused on collecting and reviewing the accuracy of specific data sets, including manual collection when necessary.
- The data collected will be relevant to the Anti Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing and Anti-Bribery & Corruption fields ranging from sanctioned entities to politically exposed people. You will be a part of the product team and work closely with engineering to ensure we exceed client expectations in relation to our data coverage and quality. We value those who take initiative and pride in their work and thrive in an informal working environment.
What does success look like after 3 months?
- Be able to independently create Mozenda agents for PEP sources
- Understand and execute on all the processes from building to releasing a new PEP source
- Understand the data points that are essential for our product to be extracted from PEP sources
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
Have an ability to identify patterns in order to extract and collect data from various sources that contain AML data
- Be familiar with Microsoft Excel or another database or spreadsheet application
- Have an understanding of how HTML, RegEx work, i.e. so you would be able to create Xpaths for selecting what you want to extract from a certain website
- Be commercially-aware and have the ability to plan work in order to meet deadlines
- Have an outstanding level of attention to details
- Be a great team player. In our company we support each other, thus we need someone that can easily integrate with the other members of the team
- Be eager to learn new things and be in a continuous process of improving yourself
The benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include the below;
- Medical Insurance - Regina Maria
- Meal tickets
- Work From Home policy
- 21 days off (adding 3 extra days/year, up to 30 days off)