Complex Networks is a global lifestyle video, brand, and media company jointly owned by Hearst and Verizon, and is one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels. It is a top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and Snapchat.
Complex is looking for an Associate Creative Director with advertising agency copywriting and content development background to join the Branded Content team to help lead creative with a top-tier advertising clients and brands partners. We are looking for creative hybrids with various backgrounds and deep interests in youth culture to lead creative vision for brand partnerships.
- You love sneakers, debate Kanye versus Drake, and follow the GOAT on Instagram. Your mindset is that of a creative, problem solver and forward thinker all in one.
- You are fueled by connected thinking, challenging boundaries, and the power of digital redefining a connected world. You understand craft across art direction and writing. You dream up new videos in your sleep, and whether it’s an influencer led social campaign across IG, FB and TW or a 6 episode series, you’re driven to develop every idea into an award-winning holistic campaign.
- You have experience building brands and guaranteeing that campaign objectives and client guidelines are adhered to.
- You understand the value of a strong strategy and your ideas are grounded in real insights and constantly pushing the idea boundary beyond the possible. There is nothing you don’t already know about video production and budgeting for it and understand what OCP, conform, and mix all mean.
- As part of the Branded Content Creative team, you will also collaborate with various departments (editorial, social, sales, research, production) to deliver best-in-market integrated programs.
- You should have the video content experience across a wide range of media platforms. Ready with ideas on how to grow and engage audiences with new ideas.
- You excel in content creation across a broad spectrum of creative touch-points that can live in the tone and voice of Complex channels through video, social, mobile and/or events.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Creative ideation, copywriting, direction and campaign execution that are held to timelines and budgets
- Collaborate effectively across departments and lead advertising and marketing initiatives, working with designers, artists, copywriters, sales teams and marketers to create a vision for brands
- Work with Design Department, Production, and Pre-Sale to write presentation materials.
- Lead the development of integrated marketing proposals across a variety of selling categories and budget levels. Work alongside the Collection's Branded Content strategy and activation leads from ideation through execution as needed to develop boundary-pushing ideas. Must have experience in creating episodic Branded Content series.
- Supervise teams and staff on multiple projects. Give direction and notes to creative teams as well as help guide and mentor junior team members.
- Responding to briefs from brands and agencies and understanding of how ideas fit into broader brand and communication strategies. Generation of ideas to win new business and articulation of ideas in written form.
- In-tune: with youth culture across Complex’s passion points - sneakers, sports, style, music and pop culture.
- Skilled: Experience building creative for all types of media (television, online, influencer campaigns, etc.)
- Experienced: 8+ years minimum experience spanning editorial, design, advertising agency, film, branded entertainment.
- 4+ years minimum within an advertising agency
- Collaborative: Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work independently and co-exist within a team setting. Experience working with freelance designers and third-party vendors.
- Leadership: Oversee creative process from conception to execution, guaranteeing the highest standard of work throughout. Exceptional writing and art direction skills. Leader in client-facing meetings.
- Organized: You live by prioritization and organization. You’re a born multitasker who loves to take on a good challenge; especially on a tight deadline. You see the big picture, but your attention to detail and creative flair make you an invaluable asset to any team.
- Witty: You’ve always got the perfect retort ready on the tip of your tongue and you know how to make others laugh, or at least crack a smile. You’re a quick thinker with a passion for wordplay, never at a loss for what to say. Strength in writing and presentation proposals.
- Knowledgeable: Highly knowledgeable of Complex channels, shows, and content and already an avid consumer with ideas that can integrate seamlessly on Complex’s platforms. Expert across current video, digital, social, and mobile advertising platforms and ability to implement into everyday work. A veritable encyclopedia of whos who for influencers and celebrities that align with Complex tone and voice.
About Complex Networks
Complex is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. Complex Networks develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.
CHECK US OUT: