Complex Networks is a global lifestyle video, brand, and media company jointly owned by Hearst and Verizon, and is one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels. It is a top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and Snapchat.
Complex is looking for a highly motivated Creative Director, Apparel & Goods to work in tandem with the Complex content team to create a dialog between the core brand and the apparel & goods offshoot. In this role, you will be responsible for ideating and directing seasonal and one-off capsules: generating concepts, creating mood boards and design direction, identifying creative partners, and generating promotional language. This Creative Director, Apparel & Goods would also work across multiple cross-media and experiential projects, supporting our core video properties & media brands.
- Work with the team to create a product strategy, for hard and soft goods, that takes advantage of our unique positioning in the marketplace.
- Own the product design process, while working in conjunction with our editorial and design teams to fill and expand upon the ideas required to complete the capsule collections.
- Maintain understanding of market trends and consumer best sellers to develop an appropriate style, design and brand evolution.
- Build and leverage relationships with highly sought after apparel brands and visual artists, for us to collaborate with, elevating our value proposition.
- Work with the team to curate the product mix for capsules along with the distribution outlets.
- Collaborate with editorial, social, merchandise and marketing teams to execute a promotional strategy that creates anticipation and a high level of desirability for the product.
- Work with the team to curate and develop brand partners so that the product mix in our marketplace fits the needs of our audience. Help dictate the editorial formats along with social promotion to promote the products.
- Design/Fashion Degree or equivalent work experience
- Artistic background as well as business acumen
- Experience with bringing a brand to market
- Creative concepting, creating mood boards and design direction
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional presentation skills, both visual and oral
About Complex Networks
Complex is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. Complex Networks develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.