Complex Networks is a global lifestyle video, brand, and media company jointly owned by Hearst and Verizon, and is one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels. It is a top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and Snapchat.
Complex seeks an experienced Weekend Editor, Social to join the team on a Freelance basis! This person can sit in either our LA or NYC office. The ideal candidate for this role will be familiar with the Complex brand, with a strong understanding of culture and its place in the social media landscape. This person will be working directly with the fast paced editorial team. The Social Editor will be in charge of creating and managing social media content, building internal and external partnerships/relationships, and amplifying the quality content the team produces during weekend hours (ideally Saturday and Sunday, 12pm-8pm).
- Create, curate, and manage all content published to the Complex Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Optimize original editorial and video content for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Promote engagement across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Communicate with social team, respective channel social editors and the news team about breaking news
- Surface & pitch viral/ breaking/ social-friendly content to our news team
- Work with the social staff to execute pre-planned content
- Monitor and track what our fans are interested in and what over performs to determine the direction of Complex social
- Actively contribute to headline and news Slack channels
- Positive, intuitive/proactive, and collaborative team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior judgement and discretion
- Robust knowledge of current events + viral moments
- Self-management skills + take charge attitude
- Must love memes
About Complex Networks
Complex is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. Complex Networks develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.
CHECK US OUT: